|Race winners Graf (C) and Dumas (R) with their team owner|
Klaus Graf and Romain Dumas won Mobil 1 presents the Grand Prix of Mosport on Sunday, taking Muscle Milk Team CytoSport’s Porsche RS Spyder to victory in a race called after 2:19 running. A heavy accident between Luke Hines and Jonny Cocker on Mosport International Raceway’s Andretti Straight damaged the Armco safety barrier beyond reasonable repair.
Patr¢n Highcroft Racing’s David Brabham and Simon Pagenaud finished second and still hold the lead in the LMP championship of the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patr¢n heading into the final race next month at Road Atlanta’s Petit Le Mans powered by MAZDA2. The red flag came following Hines’ hard crash into the safety barrier on the left side of the circuit on Mosport’s fastest section.
Officials from the International Motor Sports Association, the Series’ sanctioning body, estimated more than three hours of repair work to replace the barrier and restart the race. The event finished under yellow.
Autocon Motorsports’ pairing of Johnny Mowlem and Toronto’s Tony Burgess placed third in class with their Lola B06/10-AER.
Patrick Long and Jörg Bergmeister were GT winners for the fourth time this year with their Porsche 911 GT3 RSR. Flying Lizard Motorsports’ ace pairing solidified their hold on the class championship with a hard-fought victory that saw three manufacturers – Porsche, Ferrari and BMW – on the class podium.
Risi Competizione’s Toni Vilander and Gimmi Bruni placed second in their Ferrari F430 GT. Vilander started from the rear of the grid due to Jaime Melo being removed from the entry due to an illness. Bill Auberlen and Tommy Milner finished third for BMW Rahal Letterman Racing Team.
Gunnar Jeannette and Elton Julian were LMP Challenge winners for the fourth time for Green Earth Team Gunnar. The victory moved Jeannette and Julian into a tie with Level 5 Motorsports’ Scott Tucker for the class championship; Tucker drove to a runner-up finish with Christophe Bouchut.
Frankie Montecalvo and Christian Zugel placed third in class for Genoa Racing.
Velox Racing won its first American Le Mans Series race as Shane Lewis and Lawson Aschenbach drove their Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car to a hard-earned victory. The duo was running second to Hines when the ORBIT/Paul Miller Racing entry crashed.
Class championship leaders Tim Pappas and Jeroen Bleekemolen placed second for Black Swan Racing. Alex Job Racing’s Bill Sweedler and Mitch Pagerey came home third.
The Brabham/Pagenaud pairing won the LMP portion of the MICHELIN GREEN X Challenge, given to the entry that goes the farthest the fastest with the least environmental impact. Corvette Racing’s pairing of Oliver Gavin and Jan Magnussen were the GT winners.
1. (1) Romain Dumas, Ales; Klaus Graf, Germany; Porsche RS Spyder (1, LMP), 99.
2. (3) David Brabham, Maidenhead, GB; Simon Pagenaud, Montmorillon, FR; HPD ARX-01c (2, LMP), 99.
3. (5) Tony Burgess, Toronto; Johnny Mowlem, London; Lola B06 10/AER (3, LMP), 98.
4. (8) Elton Julian, Santa Monica, CA; Gunnar Jeannette, Salt Lake City, UT; Oreca FLM09 (1, LMPC), 95.
5. (10) Scott Tucker, Leawood, KS; Christophe Bouchut, France; Oreca FLM09 (2, LMPC), 95.
6. (4) Paul Drayson, London, GB; Jonny Cocker, Guisborough, GB; Lola B09 60/Judd (4, LMP), 95.
7. (2) Chris Dyson, Pleasant Valley, NY; Guy Smith, Bracken, Yorkshire; Lola B09 86/Mazda (5, LMP), 94.
8. (7) Christian Zugel, Holmdel, NJ; Frankie Montecalvo, Highlands, NJ; Oreca FLM09 (3, LMPC), 93.
9. (21) Andy Wallace, England; Scott Tucker, Leawood, KS; Oreca FLM09 (4, LMPC), 93.
10. (6) Ricardo Gonzalez, Monterrey; Luis Diaz, Mexico City; Oreca FLM09 (5, LMPC), 92.
11. (11) Patrick Long, Bellaire, FL; Joerg Bergmeister, Langenfield, DE; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (1, GT), 92.
12. (28) Toni Vilander, Finland; Gianmaria Bruni, Rome, IT; Ferrari 430 GT (2, GT), 92.
13. (12) Bill Auberlen, Redondo Beach, CA; Tommy Milner, Leesburg, VA; BMW E92 M3 (3, GT), 92.
14. (13) Oliver Gavin, Yardley Hastings, GB; Jan Magnussen, Denmark; Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (4, GT), 92.
15. (15) Johnny O’Connell, Flowery Branch, GA; Olivier Beretta, Monaco; Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (5, GT), 92.
16. (14) Scott Sharp, Jupiter, FL; Johannes van Overbeek, San Francisco, CA; Ferrari 430 GT (6, GT), 91.
17. (9) Kyle Marcelli, Barrie, ON; Chapman Ducote, Miami Beach, FL; Oreca FLM09 (6, LMPC), 91.
18. (17) Bryan Sellers, Braselton, GA; Wolf Henzler, Nuertingen, DE; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (7, GT), 91.
19. (20) Ed Brown, Las Vegas, NV; Guy Cosmo, West Palm Beach, FL; Ferrari 430 GT (8, GT), 90.
20. (27) Seth Neiman, Burlingame, CA; Darren Law, Phoenix, AZ; Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (9, GT), 90.
21. (19) Paul Gentilozzi, Lansing, MI; Marc Goossens, Huntersville, NC; Jaguar XKRS (10, GT), 87.
22. (24) Shane Lewis, Jupiter, FL; Lawson Aschenbach, West Palm Beach, FL; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (1, GTC), 86.
23. (23) Tim Pappas, Boston, MA; Jeroen Bleekemolen, Monte Carlo, Monaco; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2, GTC), 86.
24. (25) Bill Sweedler, Westport, CT; Mitch Pagery, Deerfield Beach, FL; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (3, GTC), 86.
25. (22) Bryce Miller, Summit, NJ; Luke Hines, Essex; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (4, GTC), 78.
26. (16) Joey Hand, Sacramento, CA; Dirk Mueller, Monte Carlo, Monaco; BMW E92 M3 (11, GT), 48.
27. (18) David Murry, Atlanta, GA; Andrea Robertson, Ray, MI; David Robertson, Ray, MI; Doran Design Ford GT (12, GT), 48.
28. (26) Jon Field, Dublin, OH; Clint Field, Dublin, OH; Lola B06/10 AER (6, LMP), 43.
29. (29) Henri Richard, Los Altos Hills, CA; Andy Lally, New York, NY; Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (5, GTC), 32, Accident.