1. Before the Chinese Grand Prix was established at the Shanghai International circuit, there was a time when it was believed Formula 1 would be going to a different Chinese track. Which one ?
a. Goldenport in Beijing
b. Guia in Macau
c. Zhuhai in Guandong
d. Comp-Speed in Yinglin
e. Pudong in Shanghai
2. Which driver took his last win at Shanghai in 2004 ?
a. Rubens Barrichello
b. Giancarlo Fisichella
c. Juan Pablo Montoya
d. Kimi Räikkönen
e. Jarno Trulli
3. At the same time as Jacques Villeneuve at Renault, another driver had the chance to contest the final three Grands Prix of the 2004 season, starting in China, in his case for Jordan. Which driver ?
a. Zsolt Baumgartner
b. Patrick Friesacher
c. Timo Glock
d. Giorgio Pantano
e. Antonio Pizzonia
4. What is the name of the young Chinese driver, educated in the Netherlands, whose performances in Formula BMW have already earned him a test in a Williams-BMW ?
a. Chow Gang Kongi
b. Ho Pin Tung
c. Wong Kar-wai
d. Yao Ming
e. Zang Sanfeng
5. Two Japanese drivers spent two seasons in Formula 1 and then later reappeared for two more seasons in the CART championship, Who are they ?
a. Ukyo Katayama and Aguri Suzuki
b. Hideki Noda and Hideshi Matsuda
c. Saturo Nakajima and Toshio Suzuki
d. Taki Inoue and Hiro Matsushita
e. Shinji Nakano and Tora Takagi
6. Which world champion won the very first Japanese Grand Prix in 1976 ?
a. Mario Andretti
b. Emerson Fittipaldi
c. James Hunt
d. Niki Lauda
e. Jody Scheckter
7. It happened one October 3…
a. In 1942, the birth of Jean-Pierre Jabouille.
b. In 1962, the birth of Michael Andretti.
c. In 1970, the first victory of Emerson Fittipaldi at the United States Grand Prix.
d. In 1971, the only victory of François Cévert at the United States Grand Prix.
e. In 1992, the death of Denny Hulme at age 56.
Answers : 1) c; 2) a; 3) c; 4) b; 5) e; 6) a; 7) d – a, October 1; b, October 5; c, October 4; e, October 4.