Sebring 2 Hour recap
Audi led after two hours at Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring as Tom Kristensen wove his way back up through the field following two early pit stops. He had taken the top spot shortly after Timo Bernhard in the Penske Racing Porsche RS Spyder pitted from the overall lead.
Porsche held two of the top three positions with Butch Leitzinger running third overall and second in LMP2. Next was Tony Kanaan in the Andretti Green Racing Acura ARX, making its race debut in the American Le Mans Series.
The pole-sitting Audi R10 TDI of Frank Biela, Marco Werner and Emanuele Pirro had been running behind the sister car in second before a puncture near Turn 1 forced the car to make its way slowly around the track before finally returning to pit lane. Emanuele Pirro had brought the car up to sixth place at the two-hour mark.
In GT1, Corvette Racing’s trio of Ron Fellows, Johnny O’Connell and Jan Magnussen dominated in the early going, only losing the lead on pit stops. The Arctic White C6.R, a tribute to Fellows in his last race at Sebring behind the wheel, led from defending Series and race winners Olivier Beretta and Oliver Gavin, and also Max Papis.
The Risi Competizione Ferrari F430 GT made its way from the back of the grid to the front of GT2 as Jaime Melo continued the Ferrari on a storming pace. Flying Lizard Motorsports’ Porsche of Johannes van Overbeek was only 1.3 seconds back as Porsches were lined up in second, third and fourth.
Pos Car Cls Drivers Car Laps
1. 1 P1 R.Capello, A.McNish, T.Kristensen Audi R10 TDI 63
2. 7 P2 R.Dumas, T.Bernhard, H.Castroneves. Porsche RS Spyder 63
3. 16 P2 B.Leitzinger, A.Wallace, A.Lally Porsche RS Spyder 62
4. 26 P2 B.Herta, D.Franchitti, T.Kanaan Acura ARX-01a 62
5. 9 P2 D.Brabham, S.Johansson, D.Dayton Acura ARX-01a 62
6. 2 P1 E.Pirro, M.Werner, F.Biela Audi R10 TDI 62
7. 15 P2 A.Fernandez, L.Diaz, D.Martinez Acura Lola BO6 61
8. 27 P2 F.Lienhard, D.Theys, E.Van de Poele Judd Lola B05-40 58
9. 37 P1 J.Field, D.Dayton, R.Berry Creation CA06H Judd 58
10. 3 GT1 J.O'Connell, J.Magnussen, R.Fellows Corvette C6-R 58
11. 4 GT1 O.Gavin, O.Beretta, M.Papis Corvette C6-R 58
12. 8 P2 J.Bach, B.Devlin, R.Matos Mazda Lola B07-40 57
13. 62 GT2 M.Salo, J.Mowlem, J.Melo Ferrari 430GT 56
14. 45 GT2 J.Van Overbeek, J.Bergmeister, M.Lieb Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 56
15. 63 GT1 A.Garcia, L.Halliday, D.Turner Aston Martin DBR9 56
16. 71 GT2 W.Henzler, R.Liddell, P.Long Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 56
17. 73 GT2 J.Tafel, D.Farnbacher, I.James Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 56
18. 61 GT2 T.Krohn, N.Jonsson, C.Braun Ferrari 430GT 55
19. 85 GT2 P.Ehret, L.Nielsen, D.Werner Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 55
20. 21 GT2 B.Auberlen, J.Hand, T.Kimber-Smith Panoz Esperante 55
21. 86 GT2 P.Kox, J.Janis Spyker C8 55
22. 32 GT2 J.Lopez, R.Aguas, M.Mediani Ferrari 430GT 55
23. 54 GT2 T.Pappas, T.Borcheller, M.Basseng Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 54
24. 12 P1 M.Lewis, C.McMurry, B.Willman Lola EX257 AER 53
25. 44 GT2 L.Pechnik, S.Neiman, D.Law Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 53
26. 10 GT2 P.Collin, A.Hermann, L.Da Silva Porsche 996 RSR 52
27. 22 GT2 S.Maxell, R.Smith, B.Sellers Panoz Esperante 52
28. 53 GT2 D.Robertson, A.Robertson, A.Luyendyk Jr Panoz Esperante GTLM 51
29. 6 P2 S.Maassen, R.Briscoe, E.Collard Porsche RS Spyder 50
30. 77 GT2 M.Konopka, B.McCormick, M.Casadei Porsche 996 RSR 49
31. 24 GT2 B.Aucott, J.Macari, R.Wilson Ferrari F430GT 48
32. 18 GT2 R.Kelleners, T.Milner, G.Rahal Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 44
33. 20 P2 C.Dyson, G.Smith Porsche RS Spyder 39
34. 31 GT2 T.Bergmeister, T.Enge, M.Gidley Ferrari 430GT 35