Miss Milwaukee Mile contest announced
The Milwaukee Mile, America’s oldest active motor speedway, is into its second century of holding world-class championship auto racing events, and announces its second annual Miss Milwaukee Mile contest.
Over $25,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded throughout the contest, with an excess of $16,000 in cash and prizes going to the to-be-crowned Miss Milwaukee Mile. The highly anticipated launch event for the Miss Milwaukee Mile Contest presented by Bacardi will be held Friday evening, May 4th at 8:00 p.m. at Zen Den at the InterContinental Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
Last season’s Miss Milwaukee Mile Contest drew almost 1,000 entrants, culminating with the crowing of Mondovi, Wisconsin’s Alisha Olson at The Mile’s Governor’s Cup stock car racing weekend.
This year, the Miss Milwaukee Mile Contest presented by Bacardi will be promoted in part by Entercom Communications, one of the contest’s media partners that operates radio stations Milwaukee’s SportsRadio 1250 WSSP and WXSS 103.7 KISS FM. It will also be promoted by the contest’s online media partner, OnMilwaukee.com.
“Being Miss Milwaukee Mile has given me a wonderful opportunity to promote The Mile and our variety of championship auto racing events to people throughout Wisconsin,” Olson said. She has agreed to be on the judge’s panel at various planned events, and will join area celebrities in the contest judging.
Judges scheduled to participate include KISS-FM morning show personalities Wes McKane, Rahny Taylor and Alley Faith, OnMilwaukee.com’s Drew Olson, SportsRadio 1250 WSSP’s Steve “Sparky” Fifer, Milwaukee Mile shareholder and former Green Bay Packer Gilbert Brown, Carnevor Restaurant’s Omar Shaikh, and DiCarlo Salon’s Jason DeCarlo, among other local personalities.
The contest will be launched on Friday, May 4th at 8:00 p.m. with a kick-off party at Zen Den at the InterContinental Hotel, 139 East Kilbourn Avenue, in downtown Milwaukee.
Contestants are encouraged to register at Zen Den, via the contest’s official website, www.missmilwaukeemile.com, and at various promotional events that will be held throughout the month of May in and around Southeastern Wisconsin. Additional events and details will be available on the contest’s website.
The list of prizes to be awarded to the Miss Milwaukee Mile Contest presented by Bacardi winner includes:
- a one-year spokesperson contract with The Milwaukee Mile
- a year’s supply of Bacardi products
- a one-year lease of a Toyota 4Runner
- a trip for two to the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup finale in Miami in November
- a year’s supply of Miller Lite, along with a Miller Lite personal vending machine
- a year’s worth of free RoadRunner Internet service from Time Warner Cable
- a year’s supply of Coke Zero along with Coke merchandise
- a year’s supply of Palermo’s Pizza
- a year’s supply of wings from Quaker Steak ‘n’ Lube
- a year’s worth of salon treatments from DiCarlo Salon
- a one-year athletic club membership and tanning package
- a Gloss Photography Studios photo shoot session
- a Milwaukee Street VIP Evening with dinner at Carnevor and VIP table service at Kenedees, Tangerine or Eve
- a dinner at Coast restaurant
- a dinner at Dream Dance and a Northern Lights Theater performance at the Potawatomi Bingo Casino
- a 400-Level 2008 Milwaukee Mile season ticket package
Runners-up will also receive cash and a variety of prizes.
Prior to the Sunday, June 3rd ABC Supply / A.J. Foyt 225 IndyCar Series race at The Milwaukee Mile, a special party at the Miller Lite Sports Bar & Grill on Grandstand Avenue at The Mile will announce the narrowed field of 20 contestants.
Ten finalists to be chosen at events held on The Mile’s popular NASCAR double-feature weekend, Friday and Saturday evening, June 22nd and 23rd, featuring the Toyota Tundra Milwaukee 200 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race and the AT&T 250 NASCAR Busch Series race the following evening, which will feature a number of NEXTEL Cup drivers. The contest winner will be crowned on the Mile’s August 24-26 Governor’s Cup stock car racing weekend, which will feature Wisconsin NASCAR NEXTEL Cup champion Matt Kenseth.