For 2008 we present to you a completely new Formula 3 car, the DALLARA F308. This entirely new car forms the basis for the new generation of our Formula 3 car which will take us from 2008 to 2010.
Interest in the car has been intense with orders expected to reach around 70 cars for the 2008 season. This is a consequence of growing grids in the Euro Series and the British and Japanese Championships plus the fact that the Italian and Spanish Championships will allow new cars in their series next year. In the past week deliveries of cars has already started so as to allow teams to commence off season testing.
We have strived to build a car that will up hold the values of the Dallara brand, in that it will be highly competitive on track, incorporate the latest safety features and have the highest levels of build quality. The car is the result of significant effort and investment in research and development as we know this is the only way to maintain our position at the forefront of this highly competitive and challenging formula.
We have concentrated our efforts in the areas that offer the most potential for increased lap time, namely the aerodynamics, but also there have been some important evolutions in the mechanical components of the car
The list of major changes:
• Completely new bodywork with important evolutions regarding the general shape and improvements of even the smallest add-on parts. Supported by an in depth CFD development program and an ever increasing number of wind tunnel hours the car has achieved a record level of efficiency despite the addition of the FIA mandated underfloor skid block.
• The new monocoque is reduced in size to the minimum inner dimensions. Further the new monocoque also features improved side-impact protection according revised 2008 regulations.
• There is a choice between a traditional front suspension and a new suspension with the push-rod mounted directly to the upright. In the search of reducing any level of understeer this new suspension offers yet another option to improve the car’s balance. The extra geometries of this suspension create the best opportunity to fully exploit any type of Formula 3 tire.
• The front suspension comes as standard in a twin damper configuration and offers the possibility to add a third damper or other element.
• The car comes standard with the new Brembo mono-block calipers incorporating Brembo’s latest technology. These entirely new extra stiff calipers improve brake capacity and modularity while residual friction clearly decreased.
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without