Valencia GP sold out The Valencia Street Circuit has already sold out the tickets to attend the inaugural edition of the European Grand Prix. The selling of tickets started last April 1st and, in this short period of time, fans responded massively by buying all available seats.
Tickets have been sold around the world, though the Spanish fans will be the largest group in the grandstands of the Valencia Street Circuit. Nearly 40% of the seats have been sold abroad, with fans from Italy, France, the UK and Germany showing the most interest. The remaining 60% have been sold in Spain.
Jorge Martínez Aspar, Chief Executive of Valmor Sports, expressed himself as being "very happy with how tickets have sold."
"We knew that there was lots of expectation but frankly it never crossed my mind that sell-out would be reached in ten days," he said. "From now on we will have to reconsider the demand and give way to the different kinds of products that we have created, such as the Motor Box Experience that will take place in Feria Valencia, which is a great opportunity for the younger fans to enjoy Formula 1 in Valencia, with all the incentives and at a very competitive price."
In this respect the CEO of Valmor Sports has reported that the company is studying the possibility of extending the grandstands capacity of the Valencia Street Circuit.
"It is a possibility that we have and that it is necessary to study with a lot of thoroughness because the most important thing is to guarantee the comfort of the fans," he declared. "Nevertheless, if the fans demand it and the different created products become sold out we will analyze how to have some spectators more."
The Valencia Street Circuit layout has been divided into four great areas, according to the access provided for each.
Thus, the Principal Area include the Tinglado where the boxes, the paddock and straight and home straight grandstands will be located. The Malvarrosa area corresponds to the North area and the grandstands before the bridge. The Nazaret area includes all the South of the circuit, from the bridge exit up to the beginning of the Grao area, which includes the last four grandstands of the circuit.
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without