>


Advertisement
Hot News
for your iPhone
for your iPad
Go to our forums to discuss this news
DATE News (chronologically)
05/22/08
f1
Embattled Mosley meets F1 team bosses UPDATE (GMM)  Max Mosley made a low-key return to the formula one world at Monaco on Wednesday, with some paddock regulars forgiven for not even noticing he was about.

Britain's The Times said the scandal-gripped 68-year-old's presence was the sport's version of "Where's Wally?  Where's Max?", the News International publication teased.

More visible was Mosley's official spokesman Richard Woods, who insisted that the FIA president held "business as usual" meetings in the race control building on Wednesday and would probably have a higher profile later on.

Mosley apparently met with team bosses Stefano Domenicali and Flavio Briatore, while another - BMW's Mario Theissen - believed Mosley's presence would quickly become a non-story.

But the German admitted: "I will not be looking for him."

05/21/08 Embattled motor racing chief Max Mosley made a low-key return to the Formula One arena on Wednesday following his involvement in a sex scandal.

Although the International Automobile Federation (FIA) president stayed out of sight and away from Monaco's harbor-side paddock, a spokesman said it had been 'business as usual' for the 68-year-old Briton.

He said Monaco resident Mosley had met Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali and Renault's Flavio Briatore in his office at the race control tower in the afternoon to discuss cost-cutting measures.

Former Ferrari designer Rory Byrne, now a consultant to the champions, and Renault's engineering head Pat Symonds were also present.

Sunday's race will be the first that Mosley, who faces a confidence vote in Paris on June 3 and has ignored calls for his resignation since the scandal broke in March, has attended this season.

The FIA has said he will perform no official duties in Monaco, with vice-president Marco Piccinini representing the governing body at the prize-giving and gala dinner.

The Briton is taking legal action against Britain's News of the World tabloid for breach of privacy after they published details of his involvement in what was described as a Nazi-style sado-masochistic orgy with prostitutes. Reuters

Hot News Archives
2000 2001 2002 2003
2004200520062007
2008200920102011
2012201320142015

Search Hot News
Search Help