Alonso to entertain at Superleague races
He's Spanish, he's a World Champion, his name is Alonso and this pilot is set to thrill Superleague Formula fans throughout 2008.
No, this one is not the racing driver - he is former World Aerobatic champion Ramon Alonso.
The Iberia Airlines commercial pilot has more than 19,000 hours at the controls - 3,000 of those performing aerobatic displays.
The 2007 Aerobatic World Champion will perform three times over each Superleague Formula weekend - once on Saturday and twice on raceday.
The Barcelona-based Superleague Formula organizers today announced a full program of fan activities aimed at providing a large range of family entertainment.
The Superleague Formula off-track entertainment will focus on a Central Stage area which will act as the event “epicenter” for of all entertainment including: DJs, break-dancers, freestyle football displays, fashion shows, prize-giving, driver autograph sessions, interviews and prize draws. Fans will also be able to take the opportunity to have their photograph taken with team show cars.
Other entertainment will include:
- Motorcycle Stunt-Show featuring World Champion Streetbike Freestylers Chris Pfeiffer.
- Paramotors: six pilots performing beautifully coordinated flights aboard Superleague Formula-branded paragliders, using pyrotechnic effects
- Football Zone: giant human football table, penalty shoot-outs, radar shoot outs, XXL table football unit
- Karting Zone: Brand new racing karts
- Batak Pro: Equipment to improve reaction, hand-eye coordination and stamina.
Entertainers, cheerleaders, face-painters etc will also provide added entertainment for young fans.
"Our plan from the start was to establish Superleague Formula as more than just a motor race - we want to provide an extensive array of entertainment options for the entire family," Superleague Formula President and CEO, Alex Andreu said.
"We think we have a great line up of entertainment - both on the ground and in the skies above.
"Superleague Formula will bring a host of new fans to the track who have never been to a motorsport event before and our goal is to be able to provide them with an excellent experience and have them return again the following year."