Button unmoved by Brawn's low pit berth (GMM) Jenson Button on Saturday said he is not concerned to hear that his Brawn team will be accommodated at the far end of the pitlane in 2009.
Early observers at Albert Park have noticed that, despite former guise Honda finishing ahead of Force India last year, Brawn GP drivers Button and Brazilian Rubens Barrichello have been allocated the last pit garages.
In Melbourne it is not such an inconvenience, but at other venues this season the latter garages are smaller and less well-equipped -- even if the location is sometimes an advantage when arriving for or completing pit stops.
The reason for Brawn's allocation is that, given Honda's withdrawal, the FIA World Motor Sport Council ruled last week that Brawn is therefore "a new entry" rather than simply a renamed one.
"As long as we are quick it doesn't matter, and as long we have got enough money to finish the season," Button told the Melbourne newspaper Herald Sun.
It is expected the 'new entry' ruling could also have implications for Brawn financially, given that new teams usually must wait to receive full revenue entitlements according to F1's commercial agreements.
However, given current conditions, it is also rumored that income will be distributed to the Brackley based team as would an ongoing team.
The FIA this week said the "standard fee required for a new entry has been waived" for Brawn.
Copyright 1999-2018 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, or any series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without