MIS makes fans the VIPs Often, to get a garage tour, pace car ride or wave the green flag for a NASCAR event you had to be a VIP. Now, Michigan International Speedway is making the fans the VIPs by focusing on appreciating their loyal guests.
Michigan International Speedway has officially launched a fan appreciation program.
“It’s important for us to show our fans how much we appreciate them for choosing Michigan International Speedway during both good and bad economic times,” track President Roger Curtis said. “You can’t buy loyalty — you earn it. So we’re going to show fans how much their loyalty means to us by providing opportunities that are unique experiences that will create lasting memories of their time at MIS.”
An unofficial fan appreciation program has been under way for a few years, Curtis said, with one-off invitations and promotions on a much smaller scale during race weekends. Staffers have given away trips to the NASCAR driver’s meeting and Victory Lane, or recognized special fans with seat upgrades and garage passes. Last year, the speedway also opened up the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series garage for 250 fans.
But the staff wanted to formalize its commitment to guests with something official and on a much larger scale.
“We take interaction with our fans and their ideas very seriously,” Curtis said. “Our fans are passionate and dedicated. We can’t reward all of the thousands of loyal race fans in one race, but over time we will as we look to make the fan appreciation program a permanent fixture.”
Under the speedway’s fan appreciation program, there will be two rounds of give-aways — Round 1 in advance of the race weekend on June 8; and Round 2 on race weekend, June 12-14.
Round 1 — June 8
In Round 1, all current registered account holders as of midnight June 5 will be entered into a series of drawings for several experiential prizes that range from waving the green flag during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying to attending the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver’s meeting on Sunday, June 14, before the LifeLock 400.
The first series of prizes will be awarded to fans prior to the June race weekend, with a drawing to be held on June 8. All ticket holders through June 5 are automatically entered to win.
Non-ticketholders may mail in a 3 x 5 card with their name, phone number, e-mail address and mailing address to be entered into the drawing. Cards may be sent to Michigan International Speedway, 12626 US 12, Brooklyn, MI 48230, attn: Fan Appreciation Program.
Prizes during the first drawing on June 8 include:
· Three fans will have the opportunity to wave the green flag for a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver qualifying lap on Friday, June 12, 2009;
· Three fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to take a pace car ride on Saturday, June 13, prior to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race;
· Three fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to take a morning pace car ride on Sunday, June 14, prior to the LifeLock 400;
· Fifty fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to remain on the track for the Pre-Race driver introductions and pre-race ceremonies on Sunday, June 14;
· Ten fans and one guest per fan have the opportunity to receive a NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Cold Garage Pass, valid on race weekend, June 12-14, at times permitted by the sanctioning body;
· One fan and a guest will attend the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Driver's meeting on Sunday, June 14.
Round 2 — June 12 through June 14
In Round 2, a second wave of drawings will be held for prizes that will be awarded during the June race weekend.
Everyone, even ticket-holders, who want to be considered in the second wave of drawings must register at the speedway’s Mobile Display Trailer in the New Holland Fan Display at MIS from June 12-14.
Prize winners will be posted at the MTO display beginning at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, June 14, 2009, and announcements will also be made through the Fan Plaza PA System.
The second series of prizes are as follows:
· Ten fans and one guest per fan will have the opportunity to attend the LifeLock 400 Victory Lane celebrations on Sunday, June 14;
· One fan and a guest will have their seats upgraded to the Champions Club;
· One fan and a guest will have access to the speedway's Trackside Club, which includes lunch and viewing from a terrace suite overlooking pit road;
· Multiple merchandise prizes such as hats and T-shirts will also be given away.
Nestled in the lush Irish Hills of Southeastern Michigan, Michigan International Speedway is the Great Escape, a venerable NASCAR national park where fans can get away and enjoy the very best in racing and camaraderie. It’s the love of racing and the thrill of a great time for race fans and drivers alike.
Tickets are on sale by calling 800-354-1010 or logging onto MISpeedway.com. Michigan International Speedway — It’s your speed!
Michigan International Speedway’s 2009 Schedule
Friday, June 12 ARCA RE/MAX Series Racing for Wildlife 200
Saturday, June 13 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
Sunday, June 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series LifeLock 400
Friday, Aug. 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Gatorade Pole Day
Saturday, Aug. 15 NASCAR Nationwide Series CARFAX 250
Sunday, Aug. 16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series