Andretti still upset over crash at Indy Vitor Meira and Raphael Matos have reconciled since crashing together in last week's Indianapolis 500. Mario Moraes and Marco Andretti have not. Moraes and Andretti have not talked to one another since their first-turn accident at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and by the sound of it, they don't plan to.
"I sent him a text message, but he didn't reply to me," Moraes said Saturday at the Milwaukee Mile. "I have nothing to say (to him)."
Andretti said the text didn't come to him, but he isn't worried about discussing the accident that saw them collide off the first turn with Andretti on the outside.
Moraes said a radio malfunction kept him from hearing his spotter say Andretti was alongside him, but he still thinks Andretti could have prevented the contact.
"If I was in the position Marco was in, I would not have put myself in that position," he said.
Andretti doesn't buy that.
"I had it happen (with Moraes) at Kansas, but I don't think he can learn," he said. "If he didn't know I was there, he didn't know I was there. What are you going to gain from talking?
"At the end of the day, we both didn't want it to happen. We both know maybe I shouldn't have been there, but maybe he should have known I was there. You can look at it two different ways.
"Yes, it was a 500-mile race, but at the same time, I thought I was next to him. It was a big disappointment for both teams." Indy Star
Copyright 1999-2017 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without