Formula BMW Alumni round-up - Nicolas Hülkenberg (DE) has taken another step towards winning the GP2 title: race one in Valencia saw the German start from pole position and eventually finish runner-up. He went on to claim his fourth win of the season in the sprint. Hülkenberg currently leads the Drivers’ Championship on 75 points, ahead of Vitaly Petrov (RU, 55).
- A fourth win in succession at the “Valencia Street Circuit” kept alive the title aspirations of René Rast (DE) in the Porsche Supercup. With four races remaining, the German is now just 30 points behind overall leader Jeroen Bleekemolen (NL), who currently has 172 points to his name.
- FC Basel driver Maximilian Wissel (DE) has picked up his first victory in Superleague Formula. At Donington Park (GB) the 19-year-old reduced the lead of championship leader Adrián Vallés (ES/FC Liverpool) to ten points.
- In the ChampCar Atlantic Series, Jonathan Summerton (US) and Simona de Silvestro (IT) were both victorious. De Silvestro leads the overall standings with 135 points.
- Victory at Silverstone (GB) saw Daniel Ricciardo (AU) tighten his grip on the top of the British Formula 3 Championship. The Australian currently leads the rankings on 210 points, an impressive 45 points ahead of Walter Grubmüller (AT).
- With four races to go, Marcus Ericsson (SE) is now leading the Japanese Formula 3 Championship on his own, having tasted victory in Motegi (JP).
Copyright 1999-2014 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without