Barrichello leads morning times at a drying Jerez It's been yet another morning of mixed conditions in Jerez at the final day of this week's test, with a wet track slowly turning dry as the day progressed. Only in the last hour have teams been able to venture on-track with slick tires, having spent the majority of the morning on wet-weather tires with rain from last night and this morning resulting in a damp start to the day.
By 12.50 local time, Williams' Rubens Barrichello had set the quickest time of the morning, a 1m22.319s just over 30 minutes prior (In the early afternoon Michael Schumacher is now the fastest at 1m20.613s), followed closely by Felipe Massa on a 1m22.641s. Massa had been the first to venture out on slicks just over an hour ago, and has thus far completed an impressive 94 laps before stopping on-track at 12.50 bringing out the second red flag of the day after a long-distance run.
The first red flag period was caused by Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel at 10.00 when he stopped out on-track. At the time of Massa's stoppage, disruption to other teams was minimal given that most were having their lunch break in preparation for the afternoon.
In the Virgin camp, Lucas Di Grassi has only recently taken to the track for the first time today, as the new team's woes continue, completing just a single installation lap.
With the weather expected to remain dry for the remainder of today, teams will be hopping to add more mileage to their new machines. The action concludes at 17.00 local time.
Unofficial morning times from Jerez:
1. Rubens Barrichello (Williams-Cosworth) - 1:22.319, 39 laps
2. Felipe Massa (Ferrari) - 1:22.641, 94 laps
3. Robert Kubica (Renault) - 1:24.373, 23 laps
4. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault) - 1:24.588, 52 laps
5. Pedro de la Rosa (BMW Sauber-Ferrari) - 1:25.039, 52 laps
6. Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso-Ferrari) - 1:25.756, 67 laps
7. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes) - 1:26.023, 21 laps
8. Adrian Sutil (Force India-Mercedes) - 1:27.606, 37 laps
9. Michael Schumacher (Mercedes) - 1:29.768, 11 laps
10. Lucas Di Grassi (Virgin-Cosworth) - No time, 1 lap