IRL launches new website Indy Racing League re-launches official Web site: The Indy Racing League re-launched www.indycar.com today, the official Web site of the Indy Racing League, IZOD IndyCar Series and Firestone Indy Lights.
In addition to a new design, the Web site re-launch features several new interactive aspects to further immerse fans into the sport.
Highlights of the Web site include:
• The re-launch of IndyCar Race Control presented by iRacing.com, providing quick access to live video streaming that features multiple camera views (including up to four in-car cameras) in HD quality.
• Race Control also includes multiple timing and scoring views so fans can track all of the action, including Pit Board strategy that charts individual pit stops, and Leader Graph, which visually charts the cars around the track based on speed differentials.
• An emphasis on social media on the homepage and driver/team pages. All driver and team Twitter accounts are aggregated into their respective pages on the site along with individual team Flickr and YouTube accounts.
• Another unique feature is Nomee Cards, which allows fans to download their favorite drivers to their desktop and follow all social networks that the drivers participate in.
• Simple navigation and seamless integration of news, photo and video content. In addition to up-to-the-minute news stories and off-track driver profiles, the site features up to four different video blogs from various drivers that take fans behind the scenes and provide track access.
• PEAK Performance Fantasy Racing League will be offered to fans that are part of IndyCar Nation, an online fan community that provides extra benefits to members free of charge. Fans can create their own league or play individually to win prizes throughout the season.
"The newest version of indycar.com is designed to enhance the fan experience," said John Lewis, vice president of marketing and league development, Indy Racing League. "Our new media team has focused on centralizing fan, drivers and League social media campaigns within one access location. We will continue to provide in-depth editorial news, behind the scenes access, IndyCar Nation, Race Control and more. Indycar.com will be a one-stop shop for all IZOD IndyCar Series fans, both rookies and veterans."
The Indy Racing League has partnered with RACERSITES to create the new indycar.com. RACERSITES has provided design and development. The Indy Racing League will produce all editorial content for the site as well as overall strategy.
"This is a proud day for our company", said Chuck Tate, founder and president of RACERSITES. "As avid fans of open wheel racing ourselves, we couldn't be happier to announce, in partnership with the Indy Racing League, the launch of the new indycar.com. We are excited about our relationship with the league, and are committed to doing our part to continue to raise the profile of the series online over the next few years."