F1 to wait before 'bore' reaction - Ecclestone (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone thinks F1 should wait three more races before deciding that the refueling ban is a rule failure.
Some teams are pushing for an immediate reaction to Sunday's processional season opener in Bahrain, such as the imposition of a second mandatory pitstop per driver.
But the sport's chief executive Ecclestone told PA Sport that he thinks some races last year were just as boring as Bahrain.
"It wasn't the sort of race that would excite most people I would suppose," the Briton admitted.
"But I think we ought to judge these things a little later on. It's a bit early. We ought to wait until we come back from China."
The 79-year-old confirmed that a second mandatory pitstop is one option, but he also re-proposed his bizarre idea of installing 'shortcuts' on the circuits that could be used by drivers a certain amount of times per race.
"I'm pushing, but sometimes people don't understand these things too well, they don't see the advantages.
"It would be good for TV, and you'd get a lot of excitement out of it," said Ecclestone.
Copyright 1999-2013 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without