Ferrari still slamming Alonso-Massa rift reports (GMM) Ferrari on Tuesday continued to deny a reported rift between its F1 drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
The Italian team slammed "some news outlets" for trying to create "bad blood" between the Spanish and Brazilian pair, after it was suggested Massa had been unhappy with Alonso's pit entry overtaking move during the Chinese GP.
"There is no dispute between Alonso and Massa, they know well what they have to do and will continue doing it, because they know that they are racing for Ferrari and not for themselves," said Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo on a statement posted on the marque's official website.
And in yet another posting on the website, Ferrari quoted Alonso and Massa as being "tired and surprised" when they learned of the media reports after landing in Nice from their flight from Shanghai.
"As it happens quite often, there's always someone who wants to create some confusion," said Massa.
"The situation between me and Fernando is the one it always has been and an overtaking maneuver won't change it for sure."
Asked if he has spoken with Alonso about the move, he answered: "Sure, just like we talk to each other every day when we're on the track.
"We both know very well what Ferrari wants from us drivers and what we have to do on the track," he added.
Alonso also said he was "surprise" to learn of the media controversy.
"If someone wants to make a fuss, it definitely won't ruin the spirit of Ferrari," said the Spaniard.
Copyright 1999-2017 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without