France sues ex-wife NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France has taken his ex-wife to court -- on allegations that she recorded their phone conversations.
In a lawsuit filed in Volusia County on Thursday, the grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr. asked for a court order to bar Megan France from "additional intercepts of wire communications."
The lawsuit says the recording of their conversations is in violation of Florida law.
It's not the first time France, 47, has gone to court to fight for privacy. Last year, his lawyers succeeded in convincing a Charlotte, N.C., judge to seal records in another lawsuit he filed against his former wife.
The couple were twice married. Their second divorce came in 2008 in Florida. According to the lawsuit filed here, Megan France lives in Charlotte. They continued to have "regular discussions" about their two children and their financial affairs after the divorce. On April 13, Megan France taped a phone conversation the two had by telephone, the lawsuit says. There were other secretly recorded conversations between the two, as well, the suit says. Brian France "was not aware of the recording of his conversation" and only learned of the taping when Megan France admitted the recording by e-mail, according to the complaint.
A call to France's attorney in Fort Lauderdale was not immediately returned. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge William Parsons.
In addition to a court order blocking further recordings, France is seeking an unspecified amount of monetary damages. Daytona Beach News Journal
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without