Button in last year's Brawn in which he won the World title with
(GMM) Jenson Button had to file legal action before his former team handed over his prize for winning the 2009 world championship.
When the 30-year-old agreed to lower his salary amid the Honda/Brawn management takeover, a clause was added to his contract.
It read: "In the event that the driver wins the championship at any time during the term, the company shall transfer ... ownership of one chassis of the type driven by the driver during that winning season."
The clause has come to light because Button's company JB Next BV filed legal action in London's High Court in April against the Brackley based team.
According to a report in the Mail on Sunday newspaper, the team - now owned by Mercedes - refused to hand over a 2009 Brawn car to Button.
It is believed that six BGP001 cars were made, but an email to Button from Mercedes in January reads: "We have no spare 2009 chassis as limited quantities were manufactured for the 2009 season for cost reasons."
Mercedes reportedly offered to build a replica of the BGP001 car, but Button said it would lack the "special and unique" value of owning one of the very cars he drove to the title.
The newspaper said the team has ultimately decided to supply a 2009 Brawn car to the now McLaren driver.
"We have arrived at an amicable resolution, and so there will no longer be any court action over this," Button's spokesman confirmed.
Copyright 1999-2017 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without