Carmaker Renault still interested in F1 team - boss
(GMM) French carmaker Renault is still interested in the formula one team that bears its name, team boss Eric Boullier said on Monday.
After the majority Genii Capital takeover, Boullier said Renault SA president and chief executive Carlos Ghosn meets regularly to keep up with the progress of the Enstone based team.
"There are regular meetings where he is informed about everything concerning the team -- and that is a very positive sign," he said in an interview with F1's official website.
But he dismissed rumors that, with Renault a comfortable and credible fifth in the constructors' world championship, the carmaker might now be interested in buying back its former majority stake.
Last month, a team insider said Renault had "no plans to change" the current arrangements.
And when also asked about the rumors, Boullier commented: "There is nothing to it."
He was also coy on the identity of Robert Kubica's teammate for 2011, after openly admitting Russian rookie Vitaly Petrov's performance is under review.
Boullier said he is not convinced Kimi Raikkonen is motivated enough to return to F1, and indicated that talks with other candidates including Nick Heidfeld and Adrian Sutil are not yet taking place.
"Let's put it this way," said the Frenchman, "we don't have a direct contact right now and the door is not open yet, but we have signaled that it could open under certain circumstances."