Alonso, Schumacher fastest on 2nd Pirelli test day UPDATE
Pos Driver Car Time Laps
1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:40.529 105
2. Michael Schumacher MERCEDES GP PETRONAS 1:40.685 74
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:40.825 66
4. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1:41.294 100
5. Robert Kubica Renault 1:41.614 91
6. Gary Paffett McLaren 1:41.622 46
7. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1:41.740 30
8. Paul di Resta Force India 1:41.869 35
9. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1:42.110 43
10. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1:42.145 97
11. Tonio Liuzzi Force India 1:42.416 46
12. Sergio Perez Sauber 1:42.777 46
13. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1:44.521 83
14. Pastor Maldonado HRT 1:44.768 65
15. Timo Glock Virgin 1:44.783 82
11/20/10 Fernando Alonso took over from Felipe Massa at the Yas Marina circuit on Saturday, topping the timesheets at lunch on Day Two of the Pirelli test.
With the Formula One teams getting their first taste of the new Pirelli rubber in Abu Dhabi over a two-day period, Ferrari opted to run both Massa and Alonso, giving them each a day's working.
Massa was in action on Friday, setting the pace with a 1:40.170, before handing over to Alonso on Saturday morning. The Spaniard continued Ferrari's fun, clocking a 1:40.529 to beat Sebastian Vettel to the P1 slot by 0.296s.
However, Vettel's run was reportedly cut short when the new World Champ suffered another tire failure, the cause of which is believed to be debris on the circuit. He completed just 13 laps.
Rubens Barrichello was next in line for Williams, finishing ahead of Paul di Restam, whose running was kept to just 13 laps as he broke down out on track an hour before the lunch break, bringing out the red flags.
McLaren test driver Oliver Turvey and Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi were fifth and sixth while Michael Schumacher replaced Nico Rosberg, finishing 1.632s off the pace.
Robert Kubica, who covered 47 laps on Saturday morning, completed the top eight.
01. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m40.529s 47 laps
02. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1m40.825s 28 laps
03. Rubens Barrichello Williams 1m41.294s 52 laps
04. Paul di Resta Force India 1m41.869s 35 laps
05. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1m42.046s 29 laps
06. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1m42.110s 43 laps
07. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m42.161s 30 laps
08. Robert Kubica Renault 1m42.178s 47 laps
09. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso 1m42.399s 46 laps
10. Jarno Trulli Lotus 1m44.839s 44 laps
11. Timo Glock Virgin 1m45.405s 37 laps
12. Pastor Maldonado Hispania 1m45.516s 27 laps