John Force fastest on Day 2 of NHRA test Mike Neff opened the second day of testing for John Force Racing blasting down the Palm Beach International Raceway track in 4.034 seconds at 312.06 mph. Neff’s Castrol GTX Ford Mustang was the first car to go down the track in the morning. During the PRO Winter Warm-Up event John Force and his Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang closed out the event in the last pair versus Cruz Pedregon with the second quickest run of the weekend a 4.037 second shot at 313.80 mph.
“We still have a few things to test,” said Neff at the end of the day. “We want to be consistent. That 4.03 run felt good. It was the easiest run I have made so far. The other runs have been a bit of a hand full. You are in that Mustang holding on. That first run was really nice.”
The driver with the biggest smile on his face at the end of the day was 2009 Funny Car champion Robert Hight. Widely known as one of the most competitive drivers on the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, Hight had nothing but praise for the PRO organization for putting together this two day heads-up event.
“I love this PRO Winter Warm-Up. I can’t thank them enough for setting this up. As much as getting the cars set up to run is important it is also important to get those competitive juices flowing before Pomona. The best way to do that is to race beside someone. I want to win every round no matter if it is testing, qualifying or eliminations,” said Hight. “We underestimated that right lane a little bit tonight. It bit us. We did learn a lot on that run anyway. It was soft but it still went. Last year if it was soft it would have shaken the tires loose.”
Even in the right lane Hight made a respectable 4.102 second pass at 310.77 mph. In the first PRO Winter Warm-Up session Hight ran a session quickest 4.055 at 312.64 mph in the left lane.
Quickest Passes on Day Two of PRO Winter Warm-Up
1. John Force, Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang, 4.037 seconds, 313.80 mph
2. Jack Beckman, Valvoline Dodge, 4.053 seconds, 314.09 mph
3. Robert Hight, Auto Club Ford Mustang, 4.055 seconds, 312.64 mph
4. Mike Neff, Castrol GTX Ford Mustang, 4.062, 310.13 mph
5. Mike Neff, Castrol GTX Ford Mustang, 4.070 seconds, 308.57
6. Johnny Gray, Service Central Racing Dodge, 4.083 seconds, 307.09 mph
7. Ron Capps, NAPA Dodge, 4.081 seconds, 310.20 mph
8. Matt Hagan, DieHard Dodge, 4.082 seconds, 309.98 mph
9. Johnny Gray, Service Central Racing Dodge, 4.084 seconds, 304.87 mph
10. John Force, Castrol GTX High Mileage Ford Mustang, 4.092 seconds, 306.67 mph