No news yet as F1 awaits Bahrain cancellation (GMM) At midday in London, there was no decision about whether the 2011 season opener in Bahrain will take place.
There had been widespread speculation 24 hours ago that midday on Monday would provide the answer as to whether the political turmoil in the island Kingdom would mean this year's championship instead takes place in Australia.
"The statement remains the same as before," said a spokesman for the Bahrain International Circuit on Monday.
He said the facility would "respond appropriately to any further developments".
F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone hinted that there will indeed be developments on Monday.
"Some time, a little later on this afternoon, I shall be speaking to the crown prince, and then we can make some decisions as to exactly what we want to do," he told British publications a short time ago.
Copyright 1999-2013 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without