Bayne Undergoing Medical Tests; Will Not Race in Richmond this WeekendUPDATE
Trevor Bayne remained hospitalized a second night Friday as he undergoes tests for symptoms thought to be related to an insect bite suffered earlier this month. He suffered nausea and fatigue earlier this week before going to the hospital for the second time this month, a Roush Fenway Racing official said. Bayne was hospitalized April 10 upon returning to North Carolina from the Sprint Cup race at Texas Motor Speedway. "[Bayne] is undergoing a very comprehensive and thorough battery of tests,'' said Steve Newmark, president of Roush Fenway Racing, on Friday night at Richmond International Raceway.
"The doctors will finish those tests and, hopefully, get the results back and figure out what the diagnosis is. In a perfect world, what's going to happen is that they're going to come back and say, 'Roush Fenway, you overreacted.' In our view, the racing is kind of irrelevant right now when you're talking about the health of a 20-year old kid.'' Bayne was scheduled to have competed in Friday night's Nationwide race. He was replaced by Chris Buescher. Roanoke Times
04/28/11 Roush Fenway’s Trevor Bayne has been hospitalized and is undergoing tests for symptoms that are thought to be related to the insect bite he sustained earlier this month.
“Trevor was not feeling well early this week and he is currently being evaluated for lingering symptoms that may be related to his previous insect bite,” said Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark.
“Unfortunately Trevor will not be available to drive the No. 16 Ford for us this weekend in the Nationwide race at Richmond. As of now, our plans are to use a substitute driver from the Roush Fenway family of drivers in place of Trevor at Friday night’s race.”
“Obviously Trevor wanted to be in Richmond and he’s upset about not being able to compete. However, his health is our top priority and we insisted that he have these tests to get to the bottom of his symptoms,” added Newmark. “We will work to provide you with further updates as they become available.”
The 20-year old driver was treated and released earlier this month after a reaction from an apparent insect bite on his left elbow that he suffered earlier that week while at home in North Carolina.
Copyright 1999-2017 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without