Massa staying at Ferrari in 2012 - Montezemolo (GMM) Luca di Montezemolo on Friday said there is "no question" Felipe Massa will keep his seat at Ferrari in 2012.
The Brazilian already has a contract for next year, but after his disappointing 2010 season there had been rumblings Mark Webber or Nico Rosberg could be drafted in to replace him.
30-year-old Massa has however had a better start to 2011 and team president Montezemolo told CNN he will still be alongside Fernando Alonso next season.
"Yes. He has a contract with us for this year and for next year. So absolutely yes, no question about it," answered the Italian.
As for Alonso, Montezemolo said he hopes to keep the Spaniard for "a long time".
"He is one of the best drivers I have seen in my career, very strong in the mind, pushing with the team in a constructive way, very close to the team. So I want to have Alonso for a long time," he insisted.
Copyright 1999-2014 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without