Scheckter, not Danica, named Indy's sexiest driver Tomas Scheckter, driver of the #07 REDLINE Xtreme Car in this year’s Centennial (100th Anniversary) Indy 500 on May 29th, won a race of a different sort today. The 30 year-old bachelor from South Africa took in the most votes as “Indy’s Sexiest Race Car Driver,” a poll conducted by leading online dating and relationship service PerfectMatch.com.
With 551,925 total votes cast, Scheckter received 152,900 votes. Marco Andretti in the #26 car for Andretti Autosport, who edged into the race with his last second qualifying run on a dramatic Bump Day on Sunday, finished 2n with 124,500 votes, while his teammate, Indy’s hottest female racer Danica Patrick placed a solid third with 118,950 votes.
The final top ten (of 20) drivers were as follows:
1. #07 Tomas Scheckter (South Africa) - KV Racing Technology - SH Racing
2. #26 Marco Andretti (USA) - Andretti Autosport
3. #7 Danica Patrick (USA) - Andretti Autosport
4. #06 James Hinchcliffe (Canada) - Newman/Haas Racing
5. #4 JR Hildebrand (USA) - Panther Racing
6. #59 EJ Viso (Venezuela) - KV Racing Technology - Lotus
7. #9 Scott Dixon (New Zealand) - Target Chip Ganassi Racing
8. #82 Tony Kanaan (Brazil) - KV Racing Technology - Lotus
9. #12 Will Power (Australia) - Team Penske
10. #98 Dan Wheldon (UK) - Bryan Herta Autosport
Scheckter, a fan favorite through his social media popularity (@tomasscheckter), has previously been dubbed Forbes.com’s “Most Eligible Bachelor in Indianapolis.” This past weekend he officially qualified for his 10th consecutive Indy 500, a feat matched only by current drivers Helio Castroneves and KV Racing Technology teammate Tony Kanaan.
“This is one race I never expected to win,” said Tomas Scheckter in response to the news that he had won the poll. “I’ve been so focused on the race that I didn’t pay much attention to this poll, but now that the results have come it, I can’t help but be flattered -- I would have expected Danica Patrick to bring this one home, the women on PerfectMatch really came through for me!”.
The Indianapolis 500, “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing” covers 500 miles, 200 laps on the famous 2.5-mile oval. The race will air live on ABC this Sunday May 29th, at 12p.m. (EDT).