Latest F1 news in brief - Thursday 2
- Delhi terror no problem for F1 - Chandhok
- Alguersuari to launch own album
- Di Resta says 2012 decision due 'later'
- F1 boss Gallagher leaves Cosworth
- Second title 'much more relaxed' - Alonso
Delhi terror no problem for F1 - Chandhok
(GMM) Wednesday's terror attack in F1 host city Delhi is no threat to the inaugural Indian grand prix next month.
That is the view of Team Lotus' Indian reserve driver Karun Chandhok, a day after 12 people were killed when a briefcase bomb exploded outside the Delhi high court.
Reports said the attack would heighten "concerns about the nation's security vulnerabilities" just over a month before the country is due to host formula one for the first time.
Chandhok told the Telegraph: "I cannot recall sporting events such as (cricket) or the Commonwealth Games having problems.
"Geographically, too, the track is in Greater Noida, which is actually in Uttar Pradesh, a different state from Delhi," he added.
F1's other Indian driver Narain Karthikeyan wrote on Twitter: "Things really need to step up -- we should be able to feel safe in our own nation."
Alguersuari to launch own album
(GMM) Jaime Alguersuari has made a music album.
The Toro Rosso driver, a keen amateur DJ, recorded Organic Life in his own Barcelona studio.
The double-CD of electronic music will be released by the Spanish label Blanco y Negro "soon" and presented next Wednesday in Barcelona, according to a press release.
The 21-year-old, whose stage name is DJ Squire, said last year: "I am crazy for music. I couldn't live without it."
Di Resta says 2012 decision due 'later'
(GMM) A decision about Paul di Resta's future will only be taken "later in the year", the impressive Scottish rookie said on Thursday.
Force India's Vijay Mallya has an option on the 25-year-old for 2012 and talks with di Resta's manager Anthony Davidson are understood to have begun.
"There is no movement yet, things are still going along," said di Resta, who retains strong links with the team's engine supplier Mercedes.
"It's better to concentrate on this year at the moment," he added.
F1 boss Gallagher leaves Cosworth
(GMM) Cosworth's F1 boss Mark Gallagher is leaving the engine maker.
He joined the Northampton marque when it returned to formula one last year, having amassed experience with Jordan and Jaguar and also world rallying and the A1 series.
He remains the founder and partner of the GP3 team Status Grand Prix.
"Had dinner with him in Spa and not a murmur," said The Times correspondent Kevin Eason on Twitter on Thursday. "What does it say for Cosworth's future?"
Agreed the Telegraph's Tom Cary: "What does it (Gallagher's departure) mean for Cosworth?"
Second title 'much more relaxed' - Alonso
(GMM) Sebastian Vettel will be feeling relaxed as he races towards his second world championship.
That is the claim of Fernando Alonso, who in 2006 secured his second and latest title at the wheel of a Renault.
Now, the Spaniard is pushing for his third crown in a Ferrari, knowing that German Vettel is almost certain to wrap up his second consecutive title in 2011.
According to SID news agency, he gave some insight on Thursday into the 24-year-old's likely thoughts at Monza.
"The first time is more difficult, while the second can be enjoyed much more," said Alonso.
"You are not so focused on needing to be the world champion -- you're much more relaxed," he added.
Also ahead of the Italian grand prix, Red Bull's Vettel confirmed he is feeling confident with seven races to go and a huge points lead.
He said on Thursday the team has "made very few mistakes and I think we deserve to be in that position".
"A lot of the things that you don't see on TV have made us more consistent," added Vettel. "The team is a lot calmer now and doesn't panic as much."