NHRA U.S. Nationals postponed a weekUPDATE For only the second time in its glorious history the Mac Tools US Nationals has been postponed due to persistent rain and deteriorating track conditions. NHRA officials announced this morning that the 58th running of “The Big Go” will be completed with final qualifying on Saturday, September 8th and eliminations on Sunday, September, 9th. The four Full Throttle Drag Racing Series previously qualified fields will be re-opened with all currently entered teams getting two qualifying runs on Saturday to make the race on Sunday.
“The persistent weather has affected the racing surface and we have chosen to make the tough decision to postpone the race until next weekend,” said Graham Light, NHRA senior vice president racing operations. “We are planning to run the remainder of the event next weekend on Saturday and Sunday."
09/02/12 The last vestiges of Hurricane Isaac continued to plague the 58th Annual NHRA Mac Tools U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis on Sunday, as non-stop rain showers forced the cancellation of the final two qualifying sessions at Lucas Oil Raceway..........the fields now set for racing on Monday.
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without