Latest F1 news in brief - Tuesday
Unpaid supplier says HRT in liquidation
- Too early to say di Resta slump a 'pattern' - Szafnauer
- Sutil still 'negotiating' with Force India
- Supporter Ramirez admits Perez a 'child'
- Barrichello 'torn' between Indy and stock car for 2013
Unpaid supplier says HRT in liquidation
(GMM) HRT is already in liquidation, an unpaid and angry supplier has claimed.
Formtech Composites, a carbon fiber manufacturer, said in a statement that the beleaguered Spanish team entered liquidation proceedings on November 12 -- well before the 2012 season ended.
The supplier said HRT is now only willing to pay 30 per cent of its debt.
And "It has come to our knowledge that (HRT) owe a substantial amount of money to other suppliers in the motor sports industry," Formtech added.
Formtech also accused HRT of giving "misleading information" about its situation.
Too early to say di Resta slump a 'pattern' - Szafnauer
(GMM) Force India has played down suggestions Paul di Resta has entered a "pattern" of less competitive performances.
Praised when he entered F1 last year and initially enjoying the upper hand over Nico Hulkenberg this year, the 26-year-old Scot was being consistently outclassed by his German teammate by the second half of 2012.
With Hulkenberg moving to Sauber, di Resta is expected to definitely keep his place at Silverstone based Force India for 2013.
But as for his apparently second-rate second half of the 2012 season, sporting director Otmar Szafnauer insisted: "It's too early to speak of a pattern.
"But of course we also noticed what happened in the second half of the season.
"As for Paul, I would say we have that in mind," he is quoted by Speed Week.
It is believed almost certain that di Resta will be paired with Adrian Sutil in 2013, reviving Force India's exact 2011 lineup.
Referring to di Resta's late 2012 form, the Speed Week report commented: "Pattern? We should know more in the coming season."
Sutil still 'negotiating' with Force India
(GMM) Adrian Sutil's manager has admitted the German driver is hoping Force India makes a "quick decision" over its 2012 driver lineup.
A source at the Silverstone based team hinted late last week that, with a decision now imminent, former team driver Sutil is in pole position to restore the 2011 lineup by pairing with Paul di Resta next season.
"We are negotiating with Force India," 29-year-old Sutil's manager Manfred Zimmermann told SID news agency, "and hope for a quick decision."
Supporter Ramirez admits Perez a 'child'
(GMM) Former team manager Jo Ramirez says Mexican countryman Sergio Perez needs to learn to deal with the media now that he has joined McLaren for 2013.
Ramirez, who worked for years at McLaren and is now 71, has a particular interest in Perez's switch from Sauber, given his long-time role as friend and advisor to the 22-year-old.
He confirmed recently that, when Perez was a teenager, he introduced him to McLaren's team management, who have now signed him as the departing Lewis Hamilton's successor.
Ramirez claims he also played a role in convincing McLaren to take the Telmex-backed Mexican on board.
"When I heard that Lewis was not very happy at McLaren and the relations between Lewis and Ron Dennis were a bit fragile, and that Martin actually had a good eye for Sergio, then I sort of started to move the ball around and fusillade Martin with emails and that," he said.
But Ramirez admitted that, in some ways, Perez remains a "child".
"As a driver he's full of confidence," he is quoted by the Sun.
"Where he has to learn a lot, especially going to a team like McLaren, he doesn't much like the press."
Indeed, Perez caused a stir late this season when - prior to the official announcement - he revealed that his replacement at Sauber will be Esteban Gutierrez.
Insiders, and even McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh, have acknowledged that Perez has much to learn.
Ramirez said: "The minute he sees a press guy, he runs. So he has to learn that. In a team like McLaren he has to be good to the press."
Barrichello 'torn' between Indy and stock car for 2013
(GMM) Rubens Barrichello says he is "torn" between staying in IndyCar next year or returning to his native Brazil to contest the premier stock car series full-time.
The F1 veteran made his Indy debut in 2012 but was believed to have run into sponsor trouble as he pushed for a second consecutive season next year.
In the meantime, he has contested a few rounds of Brazil's stock car series, and according to Agencia Estado news agency, Barrichello is now considering a full season in 2013.
"I'm torn between Indy and stock car," Barrichello, 40, said.
"I think we will make an announcement soon."
He admitted he would have liked another season in the US, in order to build on the lessons learned in 2012.
"I'd like to put into practice what I've learned," said Barrichello.
"But it may be nearing the time to go home, for my children. Anyway, I'm in a good situation, because I am able to choose as far as how I work."
Brazilian driver Caca Bueno claimed on Sportv television that Barrichello will indeed contest the full 2013 stock car championship.