FIA says protracted talks over new Concorde Agreement 'proceeding positively' The FIA says negotiations over the Concorde Agreement are "proceeding positively" as Formula 1 continues to work towards the final sign-off of a new document.
The tripartite agreement that binds the teams, the sport's rights holder and the governing body together expired at the end of last year and despite several assurances that a new agreement was imminent, it remains unsigned.
All but Marussia among the grid's teams were believed to have signed up to the commercial element of the new deal during the course of last year, but the remaining delays have focused on regulatory aspects.
And on Friday, exactly a week before the new season kicks off in Australia, the FIA said following the first 2013 meeting of its World Motor Sport Council: "It was noted that the negotiations over the Concorde Agreement were proceeding positively in order to be concluded in the near future."
As part of the WMSC meeting in Geneva, the FIA also finally officially confirmed something that had been known for a long time - namely that the calendar would stay at 19 races for 2013.
The FIA also announced the creation of a Drivers' Commission, which is designed to represent the rights and interests of drivers across all disciplines under its auspices.
Three-times World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi will fulfill the role of the body's President, with 1992 World Champion Nigel Mansell, former HRT driver Karun Chandhok and Maria de Villota representatives for the single-seater division. Sky Sports
Copyright 1999-2014 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without