Kristensen Gives Audi Thursday Sweep at Sebring
For the third time in three Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh From Florida practice sessions on Thursday, Audi Sport Team Joest found its way to the top of the time charts in night practice.
|Audi night practice|
Six-time Sebring overall winner Tom Kristensen took the honors in the darkness, pushing the No. 2 Audi R18 e-tron quattro to a best lap at 1:46.660 (126.233 mph). Kristensen – who shares the ride with four-time Sebring champ Allan McNish and Lucas di Grassi – was 0.026 seconds quicker than teammate Benoit Treluyer in the No. 1 Audi.
Treluyer – who co-drives with Marcel Fassler and Oliver Jarvis – logged a best time of 1:46.686 (126.202 mph). Third overall and in the P1 category was Lucas Luhr in the Honda-powered No. 6 Muscle Milk Pickett Racing HPD ARX-03c. Luhr was slightly more than eight tenths of a second off the lead at 1:47.483 (125.266 mph) in the car he shares with Klaus Graf and Romain Dumas.
The top time in P2 went to Ryan Briscoe in the No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b with a lap of 1:52.138 (120.066 mph). Briscoe’s co-drivers are Marino Franchitti and Scott Tucker, who is also entered to co-drive the team’s No. 552 HPD ARX-03b with IndyCar drivers Ryan Hunter-Reay and Simon Pagenaud. Hunter-Reay owned the second-fastest P2 time of night practice at 1:52.735 (119.431 mph). David Brabham was third in P2 at 1:53.133 (119.010 mph) in the No. 01 HPD ARX-03b for Extreme Speed Motorsports. Brabham’s ESM teammates are Scott Sharp and Guy Cosmo.
A close GT battle saw the top four cars covered by less than half a second, with defending ALMS GT champion Oliver Gavin leading the way in the No. 4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1. Gavin’s best lap was a 2:00.282 (111.937 mph) in the machine he is sharing with Tommy Milner and Richard Westbrook.
Jordan Taylor was second in class in the No. 3 Corvette at 2:00.406 (111.822 mph) he will co-drive on Saturday with Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia. Third in GT went to Olivier Beretta in the No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari F458 Italia at 2:00.736 (111.516 mph). Beretta’s co-drivers are Italian countrymen Gianmaria Bruni and Matteo Malucelli.
David Ostella paced the Prototype Challenge presented by Continental Tire with a lap of 1:55.662 (116.408 mph) in the No. 52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports ORECA FLM09 he shares with David Cheng and Mike Guasch. Pierre Kaffer was second in PC aboard the No. 81 DragonSpeed Mishumotors entry at 1:56.467 (115.604 mph), followed by Colin Braun in the No. 05 CORE autosport machine at 1:56.656 (115.416 mph). Kaffer’s No. 81 co-drivers are Micro Schultis and Patrick Simon, while Braun is sharing the No. 05 with Jonathan Bennett and Mark Wilkins.
Spencer Pumpelly topped the charts in GT Challenge at 2:06.376 (106.539 mph) in the No. 45 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup he is sharing with Nelson Canache Jr. and Brian Wong. The second-quickest GTC lap went to Andy Lally in the No. 27 Dempsey Del Piero Racing Porsche at 2:06.570 (106.376 mph). Lally’s co-drivers are Patrick Dempsey and Joe Foster. Jeroen Bleekemolen completed the GTC top three at 2:06.721 (106.249 mph) in the No. 22 Alex Job Racing Porsche. Bleekemolen’s co-drivers are Cooper MacNeil and Dion von Moltke.
The next practice session is set for 9:20 a.m. ET on Friday. It will be the final practice session prior to qualifying later in the day at 1:15 p.m. ET.
Prototype 1 (P1) Top 3
• Tom Kristensen – No. 2 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro – 1:46.660 (126.233 mph)
• Benoit Treluyer – No. 1 Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro – 1:46.686 (126.202 mph)
• Lucas Luhr – No. 6 Muscle Milk Pickett Racing HPD ARX-03c – 1:47.483 (125.266 mph)
Prototype 2 (P2) Top 3
• Ryan Briscoe – No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b – 1:52.138 (120.066 mph)
• Ryan Hunter-Reay – No. 552 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX-03b – 1:52.735 (119.431 mph)
• David Brabham – No. 01 Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b – 153.133 (119.010 mph)
Grand Touring (GT) Top 3
• Oliver Gavin – No. 4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 – 2:00.282 (111.937 mph)
• Jordan Taylor – No. 3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 – 2:00.406 (111.822 mph)
• Matteo Malucelli – No. 62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 458 Italia – 2:00.736 (111.516 mph)
Prototype Challenge presented by Continental Tire (PC) Top 3
• David Ostella – No. 52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports ORECA FLM09 – 1:55.662 (116.408 mph)
• Pierre Kaffer – No. 81 Dragon Speed Mishumotors ORECA FLM09 – 1:56.467 (115.604mph)
• Colin Braun – No. 05 Composite Resources CORE autosport ORECA FLM09 – 1:56.656 (115.416 mph)
GT Challenge (GTC) Tire Top 3
• Spencer Pumpelly – No. 45 Flying Lizard Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – 2:06.376 (106.539 mph)
• Andy Lally – No. 27 Dempsey Del Piero Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – 2:06.570 (106.376 mph)
• Jeroen Bleekemolen – No. 22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 Cup – 2:06.721 (106.249 mph)