Hayden's MotoGP about over Nicky Hayden will lose his Ducati MotoGP seat at the end of 2013. Reports of a change in the rider line-up surfaced earlier this week, and Hayden acknowledged at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on Thursday that he would not be retained.
"I'm not coming back to Ducati in MotoGP. They've chosen to go a different way," he said. "Unfortunately, these results the last few years haven't been what we hoped. Nobody likes to get sacked, but that's what happens."
"I really don't know my future. I have a couple of things going, some interesting stuff," he said. "In MotoGP it doesn't look so good. This is the biggest show in the world; MotoGP's where my heart is. But I don't just want to run around and try to get a point here or there.
"There are only so many seats in MotoGP. That's tough. There are only 12 official bikes and most of them are spoken for.
"I'll take in all the options, weigh them out, see which one I'm most excited about and see which one's most fun."
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without