NASCAR wants to return to Eldora NASCAR officials deemed Wednesday night's inaugural Truck Series race at Eldora Speedway enough of a success to warrant strong consideration to keep the dirt track owned by Tony Stewart a part of the schedule in 2014. "Felt it over-delivered on everything they'd done,'' NASCAR vice president Steve O'Donnell said Thursday.
"Terrific turnout, really happy with how the competitors performed all night, so all in all, a great night for NASCAR and the sport. "We'll take a look at it and have conversations with Tony ... and still want to go through the garage area and meet with team owners and competitors and get their feedback as well. And want to see the ratings. So far everything we've seen, it's something we'd certainly entertain doing again for 2014."
The race drew a 1.20 rating, making it the 10th-most watched Truck race ever on Speed, now Fox Sports, with 1.4 million total viewers, and the most-watched sports program for the day on cable. O'Donnell, who played a key role in NASCAR's return to dirt in a national series for the first time in more than 40 years, said it would be premature to think other dirt tracks will be considered for the schedule moving forward. He also ruled out the Nationwide Series racing at the Rossburg, Ohio, half-mile track next year. ESPN
Copyright 1999-2017 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without