Michael Waltrip Racing learned today that Brian Vickers is not available to race for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup season due to health issues. Vickers said Dr. William Downey has placed him on blood thinning medication after a Monday morning examination on his right leg discovered a small blood clot in his calf region. The medications will keep Vickers out of the #55 Aarons Toyota the remainder of the season, effective immediately. Vickers said his physicians are confident he will be able to resume activity before the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season begins. If theres anything to be positive about with todays news its that this is only a temporary setback, said Vickers. The timing for this is never good, but Im glad we'll get it out of the way now and be ready to run for a championship with the Aarons Dream Machine in 2014.
We were just informed this morning and our concern is for Brians health, said MWR co-owner Rob Kauffman. Anything else will be worked out in due course. As previously announced, two-time Daytona 500 champion Michael Waltrip will drive the #55 Aarons Dream Machine at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend. A replacement driver for the remaining events will be named later. In 22 races with MWR in 2012 and 2013, Vickers owns five top-five and 10 top-10 finishes including a victory on July 14 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.(MWR)
Copyright 1999-2018 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, or any series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without