Mazda Road to Indy News Over 40 drivers from all three levels of the Mazda Road to Indy will be testing over the next two days at barber Motorsports Park in the Chris Griffis Memorial Mazda Road to Indy Open Test. Also, there has been news off the track as Mazda Road to Indy drivers have finalized deals for 2014.
Below are a few notes from the press release:
1. Shelby Blackstock, will once again pilot the Starstruck entry for Andretti Autosport for 2014. The 23 year-old Nashville, Tennessee native finished third in the 2013 Pro Mazda Championship the second race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this past season.
2. Vancouver native Scott Hargrove, the 2013 USF2000 Champion, will be testing a Pro Mazda entry for Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing.
3. Neil Alberico finished second to Hargrove and won a series high 6 races in 2013. The 21 year-old Los Gatos, California native is already confirmed at Cape Motorsports with Wayne Taylor Racing for the 2014 Pro Mazda Championship.
zzzz 4. Grimsby, Ontario native Garrett Grist will move from USF2000 to Pro Mazda with Andretti Autosport.
5. Michael Johnson, from Flint, Michigan, will move from USF2000 to Pro Mazda with JDC MotorSports.
6. Canadian Dalton Kellett will drive for Team Pelfrey in Pro Mazda this season.
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without