Official FIA WEC App Released
Today at Silverstone, a new app for all iOS and Android users has been launched by Pierre FILLON President of the ACO, ahead of the opening round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, which will allow fans unprecedented access to information, live feeds and data from each of the races in 2014 and beyond.
Available for any device capable of running iOS or Android applications, the FIA WEC second screen app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes store or the Google Play store and has two levels of access. Some of the functions will be available for free and there will be more interactive elements that will be available for a small fee, payable for each race or for the whole season.**
“After many months of hard work, and significant investment by the ACO, we are pleased to unveil the new Second Screen application for the FIA WEC,” said Pierre Fillon. “This communications tool will give all fans the opportunity to see and interact with a world championship on a level never seen before and will usher in an exciting new phase in the story of endurance racing that will allow everyone to easily follow a race of any duration, whether it is 6 hours of 24 hours.
“After round 2 in Belgium, the application will then switch to become the second screen for the 24 Heures du Mans before switching back to the FIA WEC in September for the 6 Hours of the Circuit of the Americas. We truly believe this is the future of following and enjoying Le Mans style endurance races.”
“This will be an exciting new 21st Century way to follow the races in 2014,” said FIA WEC CEO Gerard Neveu. “We have been developing the second screen since the end of last season and we are now ready to unveil what we can consider to be one of the world’s best motorsport application.
“Endurance racing has always been about giving the fans the best access possible and now they will be able to follow the races with unprecedented access to features that have up to now been only available to the teams. Most of the features are free but some of the more interactive items are available for a small fee, which is the equivalent of just €2,85 per race for the season pack, which offers great value for money.”
Free Access Features:
· HOME: Next event countdown, news and videos.
· LIVE TIMING: Light information regarding the timing for Qualifying sessions and Race.
· HIGHLIGHTS: One week after each race, you can find the highlights of the race in this section. In 52 minutes it will give you the most important facts to help you to understand the classification. It will also allow you to review specific moments during the qualifying session or the race.
· STANDINGS: Including FIA World Endurance Championship standings for drivers, teams, and manufacturers. In this section you can select your categories and/or favorites teams and/or drivers.
· MEDIAS: Spectacular videos, exclusive interviews, pictures that can be filtered by interest.
· NEWS: Keep informed about what is happening in the FIA World Endurance Championship.
· RACES: Get the overall calendar of the FIA World Endurance Championship. And give you an overview of each circuit visited by the FIA WEC.
· TEAM: Detailed information about drivers, teams and manufacturers entered in the Championship.
· SOCIAL MEDIA: Integration of the Facebook page and twitter #FIAWEC feed for more interactivity. Share your feelings, become an actor of the Championship… With Live text.
Premium Season Pack Features:
· LIVE COVERAGE: Includes FULL LIVE of the 7 races and qualifying sessions. The best way to be part of the race at the heart of the action wherever you are!
· LIVE TIMING: Access to the FULL LIVE TIMING including best laps, position in category, gaps, average speed, pits, category filter… The marshaling system will allow you to know the location of each car on the track!
· ONBOARD: Access to onboard cameras. Select your favorite car and follow the race from inside the cockpit.
1. Premium Season Pack (excluding the 24Hours of Le Mans) ($27.50 USD)
2. Premium Race Pack (excluding the 24Hours of Le Mans) ($6.20 USD)
3. Premium Race Pack – 24 Hours of Le Mans ($13.80 USD)
To download the free FIA WEC App visit the iTunes store or Google Play Store and search for ‘FIA World Endurance Championship’ or ‘FIA WEC’