>


Advertisement
Rumors
Rumor Rating Description
A rumor rated as 'speculation' is one that has no supporting information
A rumor rated as 'strong' is one where we received information from more than one source.
A rumor rated as 'fact' is one that has proven to be true
A rumor rated as 'false' is one that has proven to be false based on new information
These rumors are just that, RUMORS, and are not to be taken as 'fact' unless so noted.  Please visit our Hot News page for news.  If you have a rumor, or can supply more information about one listed here, e-mail us with as much supporting information as possible and we may post it. User Agreement and Disclaimer. Newer rumors supersede older ones of the same topic.  Go to our forums to discuss any rumor.
for your iPhone
for your iPad

2015 IndyCar Silly Season Page | 2015 F1 Silly Season Page

Go to our forums to discuss this news
DATE News (chronologically)
05/23/11
irl
Hunter-Reay to replace Junqueira UPDATE This rumor is upgraded to 'fact' now as confirmed by this SPEED.com article.  SPEED.com confirmed that Michael Andretti was negotiating with A.J. Foyt to buy Junqueira’s ride in Sunday’s 95th Indianapolis 500 for Ryan Hunter-Reay, which Foyt finalized late in the day on Monday.

“We’ve been competitors for many years but still it’s the kind of relationship when someone is really down and out, you can’t turn your back on them—at least I can’t,” said Foyt, whose fulltime driver Vitor Meira will start 11th in the No. 14 ABC Supply car. “This is going back to the way racing used to be, where if people were in a lot of trouble, you tried to help each other out. I know it’s a tough deal for Bruno but he understood the situation. I appreciate that more than anyone knows.”

The 34-year-old Brazilian qualified Foyt’s second car in the 19th slot last Saturday while Hunter-Reay was bumped by teammate Marco Andretti as time expired on Sunday.

Earlier on Monday, Junqueira said, “I know they are talking but I don’t know what’s going to happen but Larry Foyt is one of the nicest people I’ve ever worked with and so is A.J,” said Junqueira on Monday while doing an Indy 500 media blitz in Milwaukee.

“They’ve been great to me. If I can race that would be great. If not, I had some fun and our team qualified well and Vitor (Meira) is in great shape for the race.

“I just hope in the future people will see that I can still drive these cars and I would love to run the full year again.”

Now the Brazilian is out on his backside for the second time in the last three Indy 500s as RHR will take over his No. 41 car for the "Most Important Race In History."



05/23/11 Rumors floating around Indy say there may be a change with Bruno Junqueira stepping out and Ryan Hunter-Reay in with AJ’s 41 car.
Rumors Archives
2000 2001 2002 2003
2004200520062007
2008200920102011
2012201320142015

Search Rumors
Search Help

Banner 10000012