Alguersuari to Sauber or Force India? UPDATE
(GMM) Jaime Alguersuari on Saturday said the world should know his plans for 2013 in "a little while".
After losing his Toro Rosso seat at the end of last year, the young Spaniard became Pirelli's main test driver and a commentator for British radio.
But he told his 100,000 Twitter followers after touching down in Singapore this week that his plans for a return to action in 2013 are now set.
Asked by Marca sports newspaper if he knows he is going to be racing next year, he admitted: "Yes, I will race, for sure."
Asked what colors he will be wearing, the 22-year-old added: "No, obviously I cannot say yet."
So, when? "In a little while. I don't know if it will be tomorrow or a month from now."
Alguersuari then hinted that his next employer could be Sauber or Force India.
Pressed for more details of his 2013 destination, he answered: "In formula one, in a good team. A team to be in the top ten.
"A team between fifth to seventh in the constructors' championship. Being in the points consistently."
Mercedes, Sauber and Force India are currently fifth, sixth and seventh respectively in the 2012 constructors' points standings.
Asked if his 2013 plans are "concrete", Alguersuari insisted: "Yes, otherwise I would not say that I will race in 2013."09/20/12 (GMM) Jaime Alguersuari on Thursday hinted he is set to return to formula one in 2013.
The Spaniard has been serving as Pirelli's official test driver as well as commenting for British radio, since Toro Rosso dumped him at the end of last year.
But the 22-year-old has always sounded confident about returning to the grid in 2013.
He told his over 100,000 Twitter followers on Thursday: "Just landed in Singapore.
"Once more thank you for your constant support and for making me stronger every day I wake up.
"Soon you'll all know where I will be driving next year. Thank you all again."
It is rumored Alguersuari has found sponsorship that could take him to Sauber.