A rumor rated as 'speculation' is one that has no supporting information
A rumor rated as 'strong' is one where we received information from more than one source.
A rumor rated as 'fact' is one that has proven to be true
A rumor rated as 'false' is one that has proven to be false based on new information
These rumors are just that, RUMORS, and are not to be taken as 'fact'
unless so noted. Please visit our Hot News page for news. If you have a rumor, or can supply
more information about one listed here,
e-mail us with as
much supporting information as possible and we may post it. User Agreement and Disclaimer.
Newer rumors supersede older ones of the same topic. Go to our
discuss any rumor.
No German GP in 2013?UPDATE (GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has played down reports Germany could fall off next year's F1 calendar altogether.
With the Nurburgring's financial problems well documented, Hockenheim officials this week have suggested it will be "certainly problematic" to step in at short notice for 2013.
But F1 chief executive Ecclestone said: "For sure we will be in Germany in 2013.
"We do not want and will not lose the race in Germany, for sure," the Briton told the SID news agency.
11/15/12 The difficulties of the financially struggling Nurburgring racetrack increase by the minute, which means the chances of hosting the 2013 Grand Prix of Germany become slimmer and slimmer, according to the DPA. Mercedes Motorsport Dir Norbert Haug said, "The situation at the Nurburgring is very serious and therefore anything but pleasant."
The negotiations between racetrack tenants and liquidators have stalled and could lead to a long-term battle in court. At the same time, preparations for the Grand Prix's likely alternative, the Hockenheimring, "have not even begun and are already on a tight schedule." zzzz
Hockenheim Mayor Dieter Gummer said, "We have already entered the Christmas sales period for the 2013 events, and it would be very difficult to put together a Formula 1 race in such a short time." The 2013 Grand Prix of Germany is scheduled for July 14. Gummer said, "It would be without a doubt problematic. Usually the promotion for the next event starts with the end of the previous one."
Talks with F1 CEO Bernie Ecclestone scheduled for Nov. 8 had been canceled by Nurburgring racetrack operators. Nurburgring spokesperson Karl-Heinz Steinkuhler said that, "at the moment, operators do not see chances for further talks as long as liquidators do not move in their direction." Given the stalled situation at the Nurburgring, it is surprising that Ecclestone "has not been in talks with Hockenheimring representatives about a replacement race." Gummer: "We are in constant contact [with Ecclestone], but negotiations about a Formula 1 event at Hockenheim in 2013 have never taken place." DPA
Copyright 1999-2016 | AutoRacing1 is an
independent internet online publication and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed
by IndyCar, NASCAR, FIA, Sprint, or any other series sponsor.
This material may not be published, broadcast, or redistributed without