Renault engine deal for Toro Rosso to be announced (Update) UPDATE (GMM) The engine deal between Toro Rosso and Renault is reportedly not yet ready to be announced.
Earlier this week, we reported that the Red Bull-owned team's anticipated switch from Ferrari power would be announced imminently, on the sidelines of the Monaco grand prix weekend.
But German-language Speed Week reports that, during conference calls and internal meetings in the last days, there were still elements of the deal that were being discussed and debated.
"There are still too many outstanding issues," a Toro Rosso source is quoted as saying.
Alain Prost, on Renault's executive committee, said on Thursday that he expected progress to be made this weekend as the French marque signs up its 2014 customers.
"I'm not negotiating with the teams myself but we all know that it's going to be accelerating during this weekend," he said in Monaco.
"I cannot say all the (announcement) dates for all the teams but I hope very quickly."05/22/13 (GMM) Toro Rosso's anticipated switch from Ferrari to Renault power for 2014 and beyond will be announced imminently, the German magazine Sport Bild reports.
Paddock rumors for several months have hinted at the change, which would bring both of Red Bull's teams under the 'Renault powered' banner for the new V6 era.
In March, Renault Sport F1's Jean-Michel Jalinier admitted he was "negotiating with Toro Rosso".
Sport Bild says a deal for the supply of the French marque's new turbo power unit to the Faenza based team is now complete.
"It will be announced later this week on the edge of the Monaco grand prix," wrote reporters Bianca Garloff and Ralf Bach.
France's RMC Sport said French carmaker Renault SA's chief operating officer Carlos Tavares will be in Monaco this weekend.