Piccione and Jani for PKV in 2007 UPDATE #2 This rumor is downgraded to 'false' today. Piccione has decided it is better for his career to stay in GP2 and race for the Durango team.
12/18/06 Those asking us about Clivio Piccione will be interested to know that in the 2004 British F3 Championship, Piccione finished ahead of Will Power, this year's sensational Champ Car Rookie of the Year. The British F3 championship is the hardest fought F3 championship in the world and typically attracts some of the best young talent from around the world.
12/03/06 Swiss Neel Jani was all but confirmed for one of the PKV Racing seats next year with Red Bull backing and while everyone thought Oriol Servia would be in the other seat, Robin Miller reported on The SPEED Report that 22-year old Italian Clivio Piccione, who lives in Monaco will line up alongside him. We have updated our 2007 Champ Car Silly Season page accordingly. Pictured right with Bernie Ecclestone after winning the GP2 race at Nurburgring
Piccione's Career Biography
2006 : GP2 Series Championship with David Price Racing Direxiv.
• Mixed results, team struggled
2005 : GP2 Series Championship with Durango Racing team.
• Won one race in Nürburgring
• Set fastest lap in Hungary
• Winner of the most exciting race in 2005
2004 : British Formula 3 Championship with Carlin Motorsport :
• 4th overall with : 2 wins, 2 poles, 4 second places.
• Vice-Champion of the F3 FIA Euro-Cup in Spa.
• Six podium finishes
• Finished in the points 17 out of 24 races
2003 : British Formula 3 Championship with Manor Motorsport :
• Clivio’s Pole position, fastest lap and race win at Knockhill and
second place at Rockingham were the highlights alongside
numerous strong races.
2002 : British Formula 3 Scholarship Championship with T-Sport :
• Entry into the most competitive Formula 3 Championship in the
world. Opportunity to prove his ability as a front-runner, closing his
first season of slicks and wings racing with a brilliant runners up
2001 : Avon Tires Junior Formula Ford Zetec British Championship with Haywood Racing :
• Clivio proved his abilities and natural talent as a single seat racer
during his introduction year.
2000 : Karting : category « Formula A » / Countries Europe & World :
• 4th ex-acquo at the European Championship
• Vice World Champion (Braga-Portugal)
• Vice-Champion of the Asian and Pacific Championship (Motegi-Japan)
• Winner of the « Ayrton Senna Memorial Cup CIK-FIA »
• Winner with the group “Europe” at Bercy / Paris
1999 : Karting : category « Intercontinental A » / Countries Italy & Europe :
• 40 races : 30 times among the 5 first
• Champion of the “Italian International Open”
• 3rd at the European Championship
1998 : Karting : category « Intercontinental A Junior » / Country Italy
• 3 victories, 6 pole positions
1997 : Karting : category « cadet » / Country France
• 2 victories, 2 pole positions
• age : 13 years, only, and no experience in competition