>


Advertisement
Rumors
Rumor Rating Description
A rumor rated as 'speculation' is one that has no supporting information
A rumor rated as 'strong' is one where we received information from more than one source.
A rumor rated as 'fact' is one that has proven to be true
A rumor rated as 'false' is one that has proven to be false based on new information
These rumors are just that, RUMORS, and are not to be taken as 'fact' unless so noted.  Please visit our Hot News page for news.  If you have a rumor, or can supply more information about one listed here, e-mail us with as much supporting information as possible and we may post it. User Agreement and Disclaimer. Newer rumors supersede older ones of the same topic.  Go to our forums to discuss any rumor.
for your iPhone
for your iPad

2015 IndyCar Silly Season Page | 2015 F1 Silly Season Page

Go to our forums to discuss this news
DATE News (chronologically)
02/26/10
f1
Senna to lose F1 seat?  UPDATE Senna's manager Chris Goodwin told the BBC: "There's no reason to think Bruno won't be part of it (the lineup).

"It's clear as far as we're concerned.  He signed a contract in October and he'll be in the car this season," Goodwin added.

Bruno Senna
02/25/10
(GMM)  Bruno Senna's seat at Campos may not be as safe as was previously thought.

In the wake of the Spanish team's Bernie Ecclestone-aided takeover by Jose Ramon Carabante, it was feared the Brazilian might lose his racing role to a better-funded driver.

But on Sunday the 26-year-old nephew of the great Ayrton Senna met with Carabante and new team boss Colin Kolles and was reportedly told he will not be asked to safeguard his seat by securing more sponsors.

But, officially, Campos' stance has been that it will only confirm its full driver lineup in "due course".

And Kolles told the BBC on Thursday: "We will make an announcement on drivers very soon."

It is strongly rumored that Karun Chandhok and USF1's Jose Maria Lopez are in pole position for the seats.

Kolles, formerly team boss at Force India and the Silverstone based team's previous guises, would not confirm that talks with Argentine Lopez and USF1 backer Chad Hurley are taking place.

But the BBC said Charlotte based USF1 is all but dead, with only a team manager and a single mechanic ready to front the race team.

Sporting director Peter Windsor was unavailable for comment.

The report said talk of a merger between USF1 and Campos is wide of the mark, but quoted Kolles as being bullish about the team's hopes of making the Bahrain grid.

"We are working flat out and will be in Bahrain," said the German-Romanian, who is also a dentist.

"I know how to run a team that were struggling.  We will be in Bahrain but it will be hard work," 42-year-old Kolles, who has reportedly also brought some funding to his new role, added.

Rumors Archives
2000 2001 2002 2003
2004200520062007
2008200920102011
2012201320142015

Search Rumors
Search Help

Banner 10000012