Sutil's hopes of joining Renault team can open doors for Di Resta UPDATE #2
(GMM) Adrian Sutil has hinted once again that he might not be lining up in next year's Force India car. The German has been with the Silverstone based team since it was called Spyker in 2007, but has been linked with a move to Renault for 2011.
Sutil, 27, recently played down those rumors, but in a new interview with Germany's Bild newspaper he admitted he is hoping for a "big break" in his career.
Asked if he can become champion with Force India, he answered: "That would be a dream but it's probably unrealistic. There are several options for 2011, but right now I want to concentrate on this season and not talk about next year," added Sutil.
However, he said he feels ready to make the next step.
"I want to fight for the championship. At the moment it's about the top ten, but it must progress. My motivation is that, at some point, my big break will come," added Sutil.07/30/10 (GMM) Adrian Sutil has admitted that switching to the Renault team would be an "interesting" move for 2011.
The 27-year-old German said in Hungary on Friday that his future remains "open", despite having "an option" to stay with Force India next year.
Rumors have linked him with Renault, who are contemplating replacing Russian rookie Vitaly Petrov for 2011.
"That would be interested, of course," Sutil is quoted by DPA news agency.
"That (Renault) is someone you must definitely listen to if they have interest in you," he added. zzzz
Sutil said Renault is still a top team even though the ownership and team management have recently changed.
On the other hand, he is concerned that Force India's potential will be exhausted if the sport enters a period of stability.
"If the rules remain the same, then you improve only with details," said Sutil. "Then we can no longer keep up because of the expense.
"If there is a better option, where you can come forwards or go with a factory team, you have to use it," he continued.
07/19/10 Paul di Resta's hopes of being promoted to a full Formula One race seat with Force India next year have received a significant boost after team-mate Adrian Sutil admitted he is keen to join Renault for 2011.
|Paul di Resta|
German racer Sutil currently partners Tonio Liuzzi in the two Force India race cars and, while test and reserve driver Di Resta had been expected to replace the Italian for next season, the Scot's hopes of being on the grid for 2011 are looking even stronger.
"Force India is certainly a great team to be part of, and, of course, I'd love to be driving one of their cars next year, so fingers crossed," said the 24-year-old from Bathgate.
Di Resta, who will again drive the Force India F1 car in this Friday's 90-minute practice session at Hockenheim ahead of the weekend's German Grand Prix, is known to be constantly impressing the team bosses.
On his last outing ahead of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, the Mercedes-backed Scot was only 0.852sec off the pace set by current racer Liuzzi despite Di Resta having only limited time in the car so far this year.
Renault is known to be keen to sign a faster, more reliable team-mate to partner Robert Kubica for 2011. While the Pole has shone this year, his Russian team-mate Vitaly Petrov has struggled.