Watkins Glen International President Michael Printup announced today a series of promotions and role adjustments in the historic facility’s sales and marketing divisions, effective immediately.
- Andrew Smith, with The Glen since 2013, has been promoted to Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Previously serving as Senior Director of Marketing and Promotions, Smith has also spent time at Talladega Superspeedway and Richmond Raceway.
- Tina Simpson has been named Director of Ticketing. She has been with the organization since 2003 in Accounts Receivable, Ticket Office Manager, and Senior Manager of Ticketing Services roles.
- Chris Banker has been promoted to Director of Public Relations. He began with WGI as Public Relations Manager prior to the 2015 season
- Robert Murphy becomes the Director of Sales after serving as Senior Manager of Business Development since 2014. He joined the WGI team in 2010.
- Tyler Hoke, who began his time with the track as Marketing Coordinator in 2014, has been promoted to Senior Manager of Marketing and Community Relations.
- Robert Roessel has been promoted to Business Development Manager. Roessel previously served as Account Executive and Business Development Coordinator, beginning in 2012.
- Mike Eckert, as Director of Business Development, will lead a newly formed Partnership Management team, which will focus on servicing existing partners and relationships. Eckert came to WGI in January of 2007.
- Cindy Lewis-Black, who joined the management team in 2013 as Corporate Sales Executive, becomes Senior Manager of Partnership Development.
“Our ability to build and promote from within is a testament to the hard-working, dedicated individuals that we have on our team, which we consider to be second-to-none in motorsports," Printup said in a statement. “In addition, the realignment of our sales and partnership management teams will allow us to shift more focus to key initiatives moving into what is shaping up to be a fantastic 2018 season at The Glen."
Next season’s schedule at The Glen is set to include fan favorites such as Opening Weekend (April 13-15), SCCA U.S. Majors Tour (June 22-24), Sahlen’s Six Hours of The Glen (June 28-July 1), Finger Lakes Wine Festival (July 13-15), Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (August 2-5), and the U.S. Vintage Grand Prix (September 7-9), in addition to the Pirelli World Challenge (August 30-September 2), which returns to WGI for the first time since 2010. Tickets for all Watkins Glen International events go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, January 10th, and can be purchased by calling 1-866-461-RACE or logging onto www.theglen.com.