F1 drivers could go on strike

Formula One drivers could go on strike if their safety concerns are ignored, driver representative David Coulthard warned on Saturday. "Strike action could hit the second half of our season," he said in a newspaper column. That's how strongly I and my fellow drivers feel over the safety concerns that have dogged us since last month's U.S. Grand Prix," he added.

The drivers want the FIA to ensure safety measures at private tests are equal to those at grands prix and have also expressed concern about the handling of the U.S. Grand Prix.

"I hope the meeting goes ahead," said Coulthard. "We want to ensure safety is the priority. It is entirely possible we could strike if we are forced to do something we don't feel is safe. Hopefully that won't happen but if need be we will stick together and walk out. What happened at Indy has given everyone a shake."

Leave a Reply