|Rain held the crowd down a bit this year|
This year’s three-day weekend attendance was 82,745.
Additional stats below:
- Tickets were sold in 41 states and six countries including Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida.
- Ticket revenue for the 2017 race weekend was up more than 10%, but actual attendance was down slightly from 2016’s total attendance of 83,765 due to the weather
- Overnight rain that lingered into the early morning hours resulted in a marginally lower than anticipated ticket usage rate.
- Quote by Gene Hallman, CEO of ZOOM Motorsports:
- “We are extremely encouraged by the fact that our ticket revenue has increased for the fourth straight year," stated Gene Hallman, CEO of ZOOM Motorsports, the exclusive event promoter of Barber Motorsports Park. INDYCAR has so much positive momentum and we look forward to the continued growth of the sport."