|Start of the 2016 race|
04/21/17 Good morning from beautiful Barber Motorsports Park where AR1.com will be bringing you all the action from this weekend's Honda Indy GP of Alabama GP. The forecast today is mostly sunny and warm with highs in the upper 80s. If you have never been to Barber you must. It is the most beautiful natural terrain road course in the country. It's a real drivers track.
The big news this weekend is the Sunday arrival of two-time F1 World Champion Fernando Alonso to the IndyCar paddock when AR1.com will bring you a video of his Q&A with all the media. McLaren boss Zak Brown will also be here along with IndyCar boss Mark Miles and Andretti Autosport owner Michael Andretti.
It will also be the IndyCar debut for Zach Veach with Ed Carpenter Racing who will sub for JR Hildebrand who broke a bone in his hand at the Long Beach GP.
Today's Schedule (All Times Central)
- 8:00 AM – 8:30 AM: Mx5 Practice
- 8:45 AM – 9:05 AM: USF2000 Qualifying
- 9:20 AM – 9:40 AM: Prototype Challenge Qualifying
- 9:55 AM – 10:25 AM: Porsche GT3 Practice
- 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM: Gear Up Your Career (TNT Fan Zone)
- 10:45 AM – 11:30 AM: Verizon IndyCar Series Practice
- 11:00 AM: ASIMO Demonstration (TNT Fan Zone)
- ï»¿11:50 AM – 12:20 APM: Qualifying
- 12:00 PM: ASIMO Demonstration (TNT Fan Zone)
- 12:40 PM – 1:20 PM: USF2000 Race #1
- 1:30 PM: ASIMO Demonstration (TNT Fan Zone)
- 1:40 PM – 2:25 PM: Indy Lights Practice
- 2:30 PM: ASIMO Demonstration (TNT Fan Zone)
- 2:45 PM – 3:10 PM: Verizon IndyCar Series Practice
- 3:15 PM – 3:30 PM: Verizon IndyCar Series Pit Stop Practice
- 3:30 PM: ASIM Demonstration (TNT Fan Zone)
- 3:45 PM – 4:30 PM: Prototype Challenge Race #1
- 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM: Driver Autograph Session (TNT Fan Zone)
- 4:45 PM – 5:25 PM: Porsche GT3 Practice