Facts on the recent construction are:
- Approximately 500 feet of Steel And Foam Energy Reduction (SAFER) barriers will be added to the one-mile, high-banked, concrete oval. The outside wall in Turn 2, under the walkover bridge, and the outside wall of Turn 4, entering the frontstretch, will now include SAFER barriers. All of the SAFER barriers will be added to existing walls.
- The installation companies are Kent Construction of Smyrna, Del., and North Industrial Machine of Hartsville, SC.
- A 753-foot-long concrete wall separating the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage area from the existing harness racing track is being added. The 10-foot-high wall will stretch from the Infield Media Center to the end of the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage, removing the grass hill between the garage area and harness track that was in place.
- The new construction will allow for additional space for each NASCAR hauler to park in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage, and will create a safer environment in the area.
- The installation company is Kent Construction of Smyrna, Del.
"We continue to improve our facility for all parties involved in NASCAR, including drivers, race teams and fans," Dover International Speedway President and CEO Mike Tatoian said. "Safety is always our top priority and the added SAFER barriers will certainly benefit our competitors. The renovations in the garage will also allow us greater opportunities for space flexibility in the coming years too." The Sept. 30-Oct. 2 NASCAR weekend includes the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race on Friday, Sept. 30, the "Drive Sober 200" presented by the Delaware Office of Highway Safety NASCAR XFINITY Series race on Saturday, Oct. 1 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, Oct. 2. For tickets or more information, call (800) 441-RACE or visit DoverSpeedway.com. Dover International Speedway