|Rosberg gets ready to try and beat Hamilton|
In a session slowed by rain in the beginning and a red flag at the end, Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg comfortably topped the time sheets in final practice for the British GP at Silverstone.
Hamilton's time of 1m30.904s was almost matched by Rosberg's 1m30.967s, both driving the superior Aldo Costa car. The rest of the drivers were pretty much out to lunch.
Daniel Ricciardo was 3rd quick in the Red Bull followed by his teammate Max Verstappen, both at 1m31.5s.
Sebastian Vettel was 5th for Ferrari over 1-second slower. As the season is progressing Mercedes is opening the gap to Ferrari.
With a brief rain shower making conditions tricky off-line, Ericsson dropped a left-rear wheel off the tarmac on the exit curb at Stowe, and he lost control of the Sauber and it rocketed into the opposing barrier.
With the impact causing significant damage to his car, Ericsson is unlikely to make it out for qualifying.
1. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 30.904s
2. Nico Rosberg GER Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 30.967s
3. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Red Bull-TAG Heuer 1m 31.488s
4. Max Verstappen NED Red Bull-TAG Heuer 1m 31.561s
5. Sebastian Vettel GER Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 32.049s
6. Valtteri Bottas FIN Williams-Mercedes 1m 32.736s
7. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren-Honda 1m 32.754s
8. Nico Hulkenberg GER Force India-Mercedes 1m 32.798s
9. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 32.833s
10. Carlos Sainz Jr ESP Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 32.889s
11. Esteban Gutierrez MEX Haas-Ferrari 1m 32.895s
12. Jenson Button GBR McLaren-Honda 1m 33.042s
13. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas-Ferrari 1m 33.344s
14. Sergio Perez MEX Force India-Mercedes 1m 33.361s
15. Felipe Massa BRZ Williams-Mercedes 1m 33.440s
16. Daniil Kvyat RUS Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 33.538s
17. Felipe Nasr BRZ Sauber-Ferrari 1m 33.710s
18. Jolyon Palmer GBR Renault-Renault 1m 33.769s
19. Kevin Magnussen DEN Renault-Renault 1m 34.049s
20. Rio Haryanto INA MRT-Mercedes 1m 34.471s
21. Marcus Ericsson SWE Sauber-Ferrari 1m 34.551s
22. Pascal Wehrlein GER MRT-Mercedes 1m 34.658s