|Mikhail Aleshin will look to build on his 5th place finish at St. Pete|
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Pre-Race Notes & Quotes:
Race Fast Facts
- Verizon IndyCar Series drivers: James Hinchcliffe (No. 5 Arrow Electronics), Mikhail Aleshin (No. 7 SMP Racing)
- Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires drivers: RC Enerson (No. 7), Andre Negrao (No. 17), Santiago Urrutia (No. 55), Heamin Choi (No. 77)
- Event title: Desert Diamond West Valley Phoenix Grand Prix
- Location: Streets of St. Petersburg, Florida
- Track: Phoenix International Raceway (PIR), one-mile, low-banked, tri-oval racetrack in Avondale, AZ
- 2016 event counter: The Desert Diamond West Valley Phoenix Grand Prix is the 2nd race (of 16) for the Verizon IndyCar Series, and the 3rd race (of 18) for Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires
Verizon IndyCar Series Track Activity
Practice sessions: Friday, April 1 from 10:00-11:15 a.m. MT and 6:15-6:45 p.m.
Qualifying: Friday, April 1 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. MT
Race: Saturday, April 2 with pre-race activities beginning at approximately 5:30 p.m. MT and an estimated green flag at 6:15 p.m.
Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires Track Activity
Practice sessions: Friday, April 1 from 9:00-9:45 a.m. MT and 1:00-1:45 p.m.
Qualifying: Friday, April 1 from 4:30-5:15 p.m. MT
Race: Saturday, April 2 from 1:30-2:15 p.m. MT
TV race broadcast (USA): NBC Sports Network
Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 209 and Sirius 212
James Hinchcliffe (No. 5)
"It's really great that INDYCAR got such a historic venue like Phoenix back on the calendar. I remember watching PIR races on TV as a kid, so it will be cool now to get to battle it out there. And it will be a battle! Based on what we saw at the open test, it will be a tight race, very physical, very hot… and I don't care if it's a dry heat! Track position will be key but we have a great Arrow Electronics car and some of the best strategists on pit lane, so hopefully we can get the No. 5 up front."
Mikhail Aleshin (No. 7)
"We had a good start to the 2016 IndyCar season with a fifth place finish in St. Pete. I'm very excited about the first oval race of the season at Phoenix. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there for the test but I will do my best to bring the SMP Racing No. 7 car to the front."
Indy Lights Quotes:
RC Enerson (No. 7)
"Phoenix is a great track and we were quick in testing. I'm looking forward to redemption after St Pete."
Andre Negrao (No. 17)
"For the race in Phoenix, I'm aiming for an even better performance than St. Pete. The break gave me time to focus and train to try to reach a podium finish. I'll give my best and put all efforts to obtain the best result and hopefully make everyone proud."
Santiago Urrutia (No. 55)
"We had a good test in Phoenix, so we have a good chance to win and do better than we did at St. Petersburg."
Heamin Choi (No. 77)
"I'm so excited to back in the Indy Lights championship. I will be focusing on oval track races this season. The track at Phoenix is a small and simple layout but it is tricky to have high speed consistently every lap. I am very happy to work with the SPM team, as well as my driver coach Bob and engineer Eric. I learned a lot from them and still have a lot to learn. There are also so many talented drivers in this season from Europe and America and I'm proud to be competing amongst them. World Luxury Group Korea, Mudshake (Independent Liquor Korea) and Pocket Mobile have joined my "Indy 500 Campaign" this year and I look forward in their interest for American open wheel races."
Team Social Media
Facebook: Schmidt Peterson Motorsports
Driver Social Media
Website – www.Hinchtown.com
Twitter – @hinchtown
Facebook – Hinchtown
Instagram – @hinchtown
Twitter – @MikhailAleshin
Facebook – Mikhail Aleshin
Website – www.RCenerson.com
Twitter – @RCenerson
Facebook – RC Enerson Racing
Instagram – @RCenerson
Website – www.SantiUrrutia.com.uy
Twitter – @Santi_Urrutia
Facebook – Santiago Urrutia Oficial
Website – www.AndreNegrao.com
Twitter – @NegraoAndre
Facebook – Andre.Negrao
Instagram – @anegrao
Website – www.F1Pilot.com
Twitter – @HeaminChoi
Instagram – @HeaminChoi
Facebook – HeaminChoi
Website – www.ScottAndersonRacing.com
Twitter – @ScottDKAnderson
Facebook – Official Scott Anderson Racing
Instagram – @scanders01
- Verizon IndyCar Series autograph session with James Hinchcliffe and Mikhail Aleshin: Friday, April 1 from 4:15-5:00 p.m. MT in the INDYCAR Fan Village.
- Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires autograph session with RC Enerson, Santiago Urrutia, Andre Negrao and Heamin Choi: Friday, April 1 from 3:00-3:30 p.m. MT in the INDYCAR Fan Village.
ï»¿Schmidt Peterson Motorsports