JR MOTORSPORTS TEAM PREVIEW:
TRACK: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
RACE: Boyd Gaming 300 (200 laps / 300 miles) DATE: Saturday, March 5, 2016
Elliott Sadler, No. 1 OneMain Chevrolet Camaro
“We learned a lot about our downforce cars this past weekend in Atlanta and are working to make some gains for Vegas. I am proud of the effort our OneMain guys have put in and I really feel like Kevin (Meendering, crew chief) and I are communicating well. Las Vegas is a great market for NASCAR and somewhere I always look forward to racing."
- Elliott Sadler currently leads the NXS point standings by three markers after two consecutive top-10 efforts in the first two races of the season.
- In nine starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Sadler has finished in the top five twice and the top 10 three times.
- In 2012, Sadler started from the pole and finished a career-best third at LVMS.
Justin Allgaier, No. 7 BRANDT Chevrolet Camaro
“I’m really looking forward to getting to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The city, the fans, the track, just everything about the weekend is electric. And Vegas has always been kind to me; I’ve run really well there. We had a great race last weekend at Atlanta and I’m ready to get the No. 7 BRANDT Professional Agriculture Chevy back out front and hopefully to Victory Lane."
- Justin Allgaier enters the race weekend fifth in NXS points, just seven markers behind leader, and teammate, Elliott Sadler.
- In five career NXS starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Allgaier has one top-five and four top-10 finishes.
- His best LVMS finish of second came in March of 2011.
- Allgaier’s average LVMS finish is 8.0, his second best among 1.5-mile speedways behind Kansas Speedway.
Chase Elliott, No. 88 TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet Camaro
“I'm ready to get back behind the wheel of the No. 88 TaxSlayer.com Chevrolet this weekend in Las Vegas. We had a great victory in Daytona and we’re going to do our best to bring the same result in Vegas. Dave (Elenz) and the guys have been working hard and I'm confident we'll unload a fast Chevy Camaro this weekend." – Chase Elliott
- Chase Elliott has two starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with two fifth-place finishes.
- The Dawsonville, Ga. native is looking for his second NXS win in 2016 with JRM and TaxSlayer.com.
- Three of Elliott’s five career NXS wins have come on intermediate tracks.
- In addition to the three wins, Elliott owns 13 top-five and 29 top-10 finishes, with two poles in 36 intermediate starts.